Cluster upgrade question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vipeecee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
A local guy has the nicer Laramie cluster on OfferUp for a fairly good deal and I am wondering can I just plug it in to test it before paying him to see if it works or will it mess something up ? I have Alfa but I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit there while I fumble through programming it all up .

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A local guy has the nicer Laramie cluster on OfferUp for a fairly good deal and I am wondering can I just plug it in to test it before paying him to see if it works or will it mess something up ? I have Alfa but I’m sure he doesn’t want to sit there while I fumble through programming it all up .
Plug yes, just don't drive it without mileage and hours recorded first (so you get an accurate count for reprogramming).

Jpage978

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With me everything synced right up, Oil %, tire pressure, etc. Except miles and hours of course, just make sure its 2015 up if you have a truck newer then that or else won't sync with your tire pressure