Clutch help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony2times

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2005 , 4.7 manuel trans gtrag238 replace everything but yoke and fly wheel, on clutch system
Still not disengaging all the way ,hearing chatter when pedal is depressed, soft pedal
Running fine when In gear ,stall when stopping unless in neutral,
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Assuming it's a hydraulic clutch system check fluid level and leaking fluid from master or sla ve cylinder.

Other wise check linkage. It may need adjusted

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The noise is what I would be concerned with, otherwise I'd say bleed, bleed and bleed the hydraulic system some more. Can't say m a s t e r or s l a v e cylinder because of this politically correct female ( was thinking of a female part) world we live in now!

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Throw out bearing

OP
OP
T

Tony2times

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Assuming it's a hydraulic clutch system check fluid level and leaking fluid from master or sla ve cylinder.

Other wise check linkage. It may need adjusted
I replaced both with a prefilled kit from LUK .

OP
OP
T

Tony2times

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The noise is what I would be concerned with, otherwise I'd say bleed, bleed and bleed the hydraulic system some more. Can't say m a s t e r or s l a v e cylinder because of this politically correct female ( was thinking of a female part) world we live in now!
Unfortunately you can't bleed the the prefilled kit from Luk , I dropped the transmission again yesterday (3rd time this week)checked to see if I missed any details. Swapped out the new s la ve and Master for another new kit.. put it all back together.......and still the same noise ! It shifts fine and drives fine. The only time it gets Squirrely is when you depress the pedal coming to a stop and it stalls and is hard to crank back up...

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't bleed the the prefilled kit from Luk , I dropped the transmission again yesterday (3rd time this week)checked to see if I missed any details. Swapped out the new s la ve and Master for another new kit.. put it all back together.......and still the same noise ! It shifts fine and drives fine. The only time it gets Squirrely is when you depress the pedal coming to a stop and it stalls and is hard to crank back up...
Not questioning your ability but are you sure the clutch disk isn't turned around backwards?

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you open it up again, check clutch fork and pivot ball. The pivot ball on my ‘08 4.7 worked its way out around 360k miles and clutch wouldn’t disengage all the way.

Another think to check is clutch pedal/mount/bracket. Never had this issue on my truck, but a cracked clutch pedal mount on my old bmw caused similar issues (and killed the clutch master cylinder).