Clutch Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Sparlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 desiel
I have a 2005 2500 4x4 5.9 with a 5 speed . Put my truck in the shop to change throw out bearing (I think that's what its called) because it was making dry sounding bearing noise when engaged. They replaced with same and showed me the old worn out bearing . The new one makes the same noise every time I push the clutch in. Sounds like Dry bearings turning in there. The bearings are dry and not sealed with grease . Is this how they come ? Does anyone one else have this noise problem when pushing the clutch pedal down ? When i bought the truck 2 yrs ago it was quiet with no problems but after a year it starten making the Dry Grinding type of sound . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks all

OP
OP
K

Keith Sparlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 desiel
Took it to a business out where i live in Estacada . Been doing our cars and trucks for 24 yrs and never had issues .

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
But do they do diesel trans work on a regular bases? Did they give you any idea of what may be wrong? Did they check the shaft splines? How good was clutch & pressure plate?

OP
OP
K

Keith Sparlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 desiel
They do work on all types of vehicles and the said the clutch was in excellent condition . beyond that I have no clue . Heard of a place out off hwy 30 that is Diesel truck repair shop and heard they are real good . Guess thats my next place to go . Thanks

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I do recall some of the Dodges had a dual mass fly wheel (read those can be a noise maker) that is why its important to find a good trans shop that had knowledge of the different manual transmissions & fly wheel set ups that Dodge used i.e. the G56 or NV5600... I'm on the west side Hillsboro so have no knowledge about shop out your way...