CNC ported egal heads on 5.7 based 392 stroker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
this might be a dumb question but i genuinely dont know so hear it is lol
im thinking about sending my 5.7 eagle heads to mmx for porting and im curious if im going to need new larger valves because of the porting or will the valves that are in it work. i just had a complete valve job and pac racing springs installed about 60 miles ago with the texas speed stage 2 cam job. i belive i have a bad rod bearing or a main bearing because of a new low end knock so ive decided to go balls deep and buy a 5.7 based 392 stroker for it and i know ported heads along with a good intake would be best for the build.
my next question is do you guys think i should look into the edelbrock hemi heads or just port the eagle heads i have? its about $1500 to have them ported by mmx and about $2500 for a set of edelbrock heads from mmx.
theres nothing cheap about building a hemi so id like so get the most bang for my buck if im gonna spend the money.

thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
this might be a dumb question but i genuinely dont know so hear it is lol
im thinking about sending my 5.7 eagle heads to mmx for porting and im curious if im going to need new larger valves because of the porting or will the valves that are in it work. i just had a complete valve job and pac racing springs installed about 60 miles ago with the texas speed stage 2 cam job. i belive i have a bad rod bearing or a main bearing because of a new low end knock so ive decided to go balls deep and buy a 5.7 based 392 stroker for it and i know ported heads along with a good intake would be best for the build.
my next question is do you guys think i should look into the edelbrock hemi heads or just port the eagle heads i have? its about $1500 to have them ported by mmx and about $2500 for a set of edelbrock heads from mmx.
theres nothing cheap about building a hemi so id like so get the most bang for my buck if im gonna spend the money.

thanks
Stick with porting your stock heads,the Eddy heads don't have a great rep on the hi-po facebook pages. Theitek heads are generally considered to be one of the best Hemi heads,and you can't beat Craigs porting abilities on your stock heads or his Big Bear heads if you want to spend money on heads.

OP
OP
Caine espinoza
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i ended up just buying the long block yesterday with the ported heads on it. ill probably just keep my original hemi heads in the garage incase i ever need them
thanks for the feedback

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
i ended up just buying the long block yesterday with the ported heads on it. ill probably just keep my original hemi heads in the garage incase i ever need them
thanks for the feedback
Join High Performance Rams / Only Rams and Tuned Rams on facebook,you'll find the Hi-po guys hanging out on those pages more then on here Caine.They'll also be your best places to get feedback on building a quick truck.What are you planning on doing with the rear diff,the stock limited slip unit is pretty light duty,most of us running quick trucks usually upgrade to a True Trac unit.I went through 2 limited slips in my truck,before finally biting the bullet and installing a True Trac posi

OP
OP
Caine espinoza
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i havent really put too much thought into the rear diff yet, i got 3.55 rear gear, i thought about going to the 3.92 gear but wasnt sure if id see much difference. honestly i never expected to go this wild with the build it just kind of happened lol so im trying to look into what other guys have done because i dont know anyone personally who has done anything like this to there ram. im definately going to look into the true trac. i watch alot of the high power guys on youtube and stuff like frostbite ram, incredible hemi, moes perfoemance just to name a few and have been trying to look at there setups to kind of figure out what i want to do with mine

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
i havent really put too much thought into the rear diff yet, i got 3.55 rear gear, i thought about going to the 3.92 gear but wasnt sure if id see much difference. honestly i never expected to go this wild with the build it just kind of happened lol so im trying to look into what other guys have done because i dont know anyone personally who has done anything like this to there ram. im definately going to look into the true trac. i watch alot of the high power guys on youtube and stuff like frostbite ram, incredible hemi, moes perfoemance just to name a few and have been trying to look at there setups to kind of figure out what i want to do with mine
Dylans / Frostbite Ram is probably the cheapest to duplicate with a Torqstorm,Matt/Moes quit counting when he had 60,000 into his build,and that was before the chassis work,i'm not sure what Jason has into his build,as he'd never tell you the right number anyways,lol. Figure on at least 15,000 to go low 12's/high 11's reliably,and 20,000 + to go low 11's /high 10's reliably,the key word being "reliably",it's not fun looking at your truck on jackstands for a couple months every season,lol.Join the facebook pages i told you about,all those guys are on those pages,none are on here anymore.

OP
OP
Caine espinoza
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i hear that. thats really all i want to do is make consistant reliable power and smile when i womp on her. i just paid 14,000 for the long block from MMX spec"d for 1200hp now i just got to figure out everything else to keep it together working consistantly. i just want a fun daily for a while at about 450 whp then in the next few months when i find another truck to daily im gonna start putting all my extra cash into her to hold up to when i start turning her up. i plan to either install a whipple or twin turbs on it in the future so i definately have to figure out a trans solution and a rear end solution. it should bean interesting journey

Dirty D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i hear that. thats really all i want to do is make consistant reliable power and smile when i womp on her. i just paid 14,000 for the long block from MMX spec"d for 1200hp now i just got to figure out everything else to keep it together working consistantly. i just want a fun daily for a while at about 450 whp then in the next few months when i find another truck to daily im gonna start putting all my extra cash into her to hold up to when i start turning her up. i plan to either install a whipple or twin turbs on it in the future so i definately have to figure out a trans solution and a rear end solution. it should bean interesting journey
i was just about to ask with all that added power at what point should one worry about the trans etc being able to handle it all? im assuming your 2012 has teh 5/6 speed trans? any thoughts on an 8speed swap?