CODE B11FC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birchit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Hi guys,

my RAM 2500 2015 Power Wagon has a issue with the HVAC and letting no warm air to the passengers.

Can you help? CODE B11FC - how can I fix this air flap sensor, and where is its position? I have the shop/repair manual, but I can't find the position or anything else about this sensor.

- AC works
- Cold works
- Vents works, because it react when I change from the floor to the window or directly on the passenger
- Fan works
- Circulating air works
- Thermostate works
- Cooling system works
- Hoses are okay and warm directly at the heat exchanger
- Flushed the colling system
- Did I forgot something?

I have no further idea what I should check. When I shut of the fan I feel that the warm air which cannot come through will be stopped somehow. Is that a tempature signal thing of the sensor? Who had this same problem already or can help?

Thanks guys!!!!

Quote Quote

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I haven’t experienced your particular problem
Key words for a search for similar threads would be
Vent Door Actuator
But there are some tutorials in video format for several model years in google search.

OP
OP
B

birchit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I haven’t experienced your particular problem
Key words for a search for similar threads would be
Vent Door Actuator
But there are some tutorials in video format for several model years in google search.
I watched all these turtorials. But the symptomatic shows in my opinion that it is not a vent problem, because the vents seem to be reacting when I change the are on the touchscreen. The second thing is where I can find this sensor, because of the code CODE B11FC. Is it integrated in the servomotor of the vents?

Thanks, Mister Luck

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I watched all these turtorials. But the symptomatic shows in my opinion that it is not a vent problem, because the vents seem to be reacting when I change the are on the touchscreen. The second thing is where I can find this sensor, because of the code CODE B11FC. Is it integrated in the servomotor of the vents?

Thanks, Mister Luck
Nope, more than likely not an actuator problem. Heater core is probably partially clogged.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
^^^^^^^^^^ this !!!! Heater core partially or fully clogged . Very common issue. You might try backflushing the system until it runs clear.

OP
OP
B

birchit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Sounds like your heater core might be clogged.

Nope, more than likely not an actuator problem. Heater core is probably partially clogged.
The heater core I flushed already. But it could be a blocked surface so the couldn't be an exchange of cold to warm air.
The Code says that the Blend Air Sensor Short to Battery. Now the question is where the Blend Air Sensor is located on the HVAC?
Activators: In the shop manual I found only two activators for the blends but there must be a few more if I understood the HVAC and its function correctly.

Does anybody know more...

thanks guy.

OP
OP
B

birchit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
^^^^^^^^^^ this !!!! Heater core partially or fully clogged . Very common issue. You might try backflushing the system until it runs clear.
I flushed it already. But thanks for the information!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I flushed it already. But thanks for the information!

This may be viewed as semantics but, there is a considerable difference between flushing & backflushing.

Do you understand the difference?

Sometimes a backflushing activity requires a repeated effort or chemical support.

The reason members keep saying it's a heater core blockage is because they've seen this, many times before. And from those who have already backflushed.

If you use a laser guided temperature gauge, try measuring the temperature difference between the driver and passenger side HVAC vents.

Also, the DTC code you are referencing is not always indicative of blend door related fault.

Update:
I reread your first post and you mentioned "flushed cooling system ".

Is this what you're considering as 'backflushing the heater core'?

Please describe the method used including duration, connection points, flow direction and resulting material in outflow.

Last edited: