Code P0128

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Check engine light came on and I hooked up the reader and it shows Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)

Both the temp gauge and digital readout show normal operating temps. I never knew the OBD would read something like this. Also the parts store says I have to buy the thermostat and housing to replace. Anyone with any experience with this? Is the parts store BS'ing me about the housing?
Thanks

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
delete. Realized it was a different motor, same code. sorry. That code means the engine is taking too long to come to operating temperature.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes it is the whole housing. It comes with thermostat build in and the sensor. Cost 120.00 at the dealership. I just had to replace mine because it wasn’t getting up to temp but never got a check engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had this issue come up and it was fixed under extended warranty..... so, I paid a $100 deductible. Out of curiosity I asked how much "benefit" I got with the warranty. So, how much above $100 did it cost? Service writer told me about $75 :)

So, if the dealer will fix it for $175 it can't be too difficult.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not difficult at all. Two bolts out and replace coolant lost. Both bolts are fairly easy to reach. Probably about 1-1.5 hr or so in total. That’s setting up and cleaning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk