code P06DA Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 RAM 1500 w/ 3.6 V6 4x4
It has 42,000 miles. Threw code P06DA after changing oil using a Fram filter. Read that might be the cause, so changed to a Mopar filter, didn't help.
Took to mechanic, he changed the pressure sensor... CEL still on.
The oil pressure is doing what it is supposed to do... High until warmed then drops down to 25-35 idling and 45-55 cruising. Kicks up when accelerating.
Any ideas???

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
IIRC the V6 has a dual pressure oil pump that is controlled by a solenoid in the pump. The DTC indicates there is an issue with the circuit to the solenoid or the solenoid itself. I also remember the connector is on the side of the block near the front on the passenger side a couple inches above where the block and oil pan meet. Hopefully it isn't the solenoid which would require dropping the pan and replacing the pump.

OP
OP
JPzee

JPzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I should have said the solenoid is doing what it supposed to do. High and low pressure when needed.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Possible Causes
OIL PUMP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
OIL PUMP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
OIL PUMP SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
OIL PUMP SOLENOID GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE
OIL PUMP SOLENOID
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Get out your multimeter and check the wiring before buying anything.
Link for the schematic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThEHDX2ilCsWKQ5j8zusQc0hMrHIVA1z/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
OP
OP
JPzee

JPzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I noticed the other morning while driving to work that the pressure was steady at 39-42 even when accelerating up hills and would go up if the RPMs went over 3,500. The CEL was on, then in the afternoon the CEL went off and hasn't came back on! crossing fingers it stays off.:headbang: