Code p0700

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sloppyjoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello can anybody help me or have had the same problem and help me out alittle. My 06 Dodge ram 1500 crew cab, 4x2 5.7 automatic is showing a code P0700 with the scan tool I have it says the transmission control module. Used the scan tool again yesterday a new code P0752 which is the shift solenoid. I just replaced the TIPM in it. Now when the truck is running I can put it in drive and let off the brake and the truck does not move like it usually does. I actually have to apply pressure to the gas pedal to get it to move and it starts off slow. Once it's gets going it doesn't seem like it wants to shift out of 2nd gear. Please can someone give me some short of insight on this and help guide me in the right direction. Is my transmission going out, is it my TCM, is it just some kind of sensor on my transmission. Thank you

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The first item I would check if I was having this problem is the transmission fluid. Make sure the level is correct and the fluid is clean - look for contamination (metal flakes are a bad sign :().