codes p542, p642 & p2122 HELP PLEASE!! 2006 Ram 1500 crew cab SLT 5.7 2x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sloppyjoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 1500 crew cab SLT 2x4 with the 5.7. I just replaced the TIPM couple months ago, few weeks ago I replaced the shift solenoid in the transmission. Ran good for about a week or so. Codes for crankshaft was being thrown, oil pressure switch, throttle position sensor. I have replaced the the throttle position sensor on the 06 it's on the pedal, I replaced the crankshaft sensor as well. On my scan tool no more codes are being thrown that I replaced those but on the dash the little red lighting bolt is still showing and check engine light is still on. The codes p2122 is showing up and p642. Now I have check and cleaned all connectors on throttle sensor, crankshaft sensor, oil pressure switch all all that. I don't have access to check 5v reference. The truck will start every now and then but when it does start it runs like crap and I can press the pedal to the floor and the rpms don't not move. I am at a loose here and stuck is my PCM going bad, or is a sensor bad any ideas? Thank you for the time. Ok just went out to mess with it again, hooked the scan tool to it, now it's reading code p520 on the scan tool red lighting bolt and check engine light still on truck won't crank. It actually died while trying to crank it. Codes on dash are still p642, and p2122.

Last edited:

Recoil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you do the reset procedure after replacing the TPS?

OP
OP
S

Sloppyjoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I have done a reset for the TPS and the PCM the both lights are still on

brianbenham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever figure it out I am having same issue so far replaced throttle body, and o2 sensors main code now is p0339 going to buy a crankshaft position sensor as only code cheap reader is picking up now but still getting p0642 when doing code check using key