Coil Pack upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I am going to change my plugs and coil packs at the same time since I have to remove the upper intake to change the right bank.
Has anyone used either the MSD or RIPP coil packs? Other than price I have not found alot to make me decide one way or the other yet.
Any input will be appreciated.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I only know of one person and you already had a conversation with them about it. I'm interested too...

I plan to do the same as you plus add the updated (larger?) intake manifold while I'm in there but I plan on wearing out my stock parts and the extended warranty a bit more before diving in.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey Clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I just installed the RIPP coil packs on Thursday. The throttle response is def much improved! The power band is way smoother as well.. I will update the MPG after a trip to TN. Oh my truck is a 2019 Ram classic w/4400 miles. Gonna install a RIPP catch can once they release it because when i removed the intake manifold there was oil in it.

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I just installed the RIPP coil packs on Thursday. The throttle response is def much improved! The power band is way smoother as well.. I will update the MPG after a trip to TN. Oh my truck is a 2019 Ram classic w/4400 miles. Gonna install a RIPP catch can once they release it because when i removed the intake manifold there was oil in it.
Thanks for the info!
I want to do the plugs and coil packs at the same time so I don't have to take the upper manifold off again.
I am probably gonna grab a set of the RIPP coil packs and be ready to do the install when I am on vacation.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
I put this here because it's a pentastar v6 engine.

CLeng3940

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Any additional updates/reviews on the ripp coil packs? Looking to add them to my truck