coil spring isolator life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
only drop brackets are on the disconnecting sway bar and the rear track bar. so no, its not made of drop brackets. for as much as everyone hates rough country for what happened in the past, i have had no problems with the kit. the only issue which this thread was created for was due to the installer putting the isolators in wrong. the hardware isnt the problem. but i do like the radius arms being replaced. more clearance.

as for the apoc company, they are 1.5 hours from where i live in tennessee, and answer the phone when you call. they have heard of dodge off road and said their stuff would be better for more aggressive off roading, and theirs are more daily driver/pavement princess type stuff. but i cant trust dodge off road due to their lack of communication.

im not bashing rc at all. I have no personal experience with them. But, you have huge spacers above your factory coils. Thats basically a drop bracket.

They didnt drop the radius arms because they supplied a new set of arms with the kit...which one would assume that they place the axle in the correct location.

if you go with that other kit, it lowers the frame mount, so i would guess you would end up with LESS clearance, not more.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy ****...just went back and looked...im thinking of a completely different thread...yea no spacers over the springs!

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Holy ****...just went back and looked...im thinking of a completely different thread...yea no spacers over the springs!

happens to the best of us. lol. too many conversations in our head :)

but yeah, no spacers for the front springs, just the rears and those are straight as a board. i want to get siftter ones either a stock 2500 swap or the super coils so i can have a better payload capacity. i wish i could get rid of the spacers in the rear and run a stiffer longer spring but no luck finding that yet.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
happens to the best of us. lol. too many conversations in our head :)

but yeah, no spacers for the front springs, just the rears and those are straight as a board. i want to get siftter ones either a stock 2500 swap or the super coils so i can have a better payload capacity. i wish i could get rid of the spacers in the rear and run a stiffer longer spring but no luck finding that yet.

Are you always loaded down? If not, I would just get bags for the times you are towing/hauling...otherwise the stiffer springs are just gonna ride much harsher.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
pretty positive the spring bow is 100% normal on the power wagon and has to do with the suspension design for articulation

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Are you always loaded down? If not, I would just get bags for the times you are towing/hauling...otherwise the stiffer springs are just gonna ride much harsher.

im not. that may be a better way to go.. ill look into it.

pretty positive the spring bow is 100% normal on the power wagon and has to do with the suspension design for articulation
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

still just LOOKS wrong lol.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the link. however i have 2" spacers under the rear coils. so i will need to find bags that will extend the length of the lift. but i think this is the answer to my needs.

yea you will have to play that game. However, if your rear lift utilizes spacers for the bumpstops, you may be able to mount the bags to the spacers. Just like i originally mounted my bags to the factory power wagon spacers above the bumpstops.

OP
OP
michael harpe

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
yea you will have to play that game. However, if your rear lift utilizes spacers for the bumpstops, you may be able to mount the bags to the spacers. Just like i originally mounted my bags to the factory power wagon spacers above the bumpstops.

I’ll have to look and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk