Cold air from glove box aera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Playwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I was rideing on my passenger side on my 2019 big horn ram. With heater on, I could feel cold air come from glove box aera? Live in minnesota so ya very cold air. I feel like its the bi level doors stuck or not closeing? What you guys think???

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
First WELCOME to the group
I am no help but following Good Luck I am sure the gear heads will chime in soon

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When you are up to it
remove your glove compartments
I won't swear to it, but you may be able to see the door that, allows outside air to enter the cab or close the door to keep the air outside.

If you can't see that door move when you push the recirculation button on the dash, then remove the fan behind the lower glove compartment door,
Then just up from the fan, you will see a little door, i think it just pops open. Behind that door is the Cabin Air Filter, if you have never changed it, you should.
Any way, with the CAF removed, look up through the fan hole, now push the recirculation button & hopefully watch the door move to the Open or Closed position. If it does not move, you may want to tape it closed until you can get it fixed

OP
OP
P

Playwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I didnt have recerulation button on. Now no cold air. I felt like Iam stupid man lol. I learned something today. Its my first truck at 61 years of age. Thanks for the help. With the circulation button off ya I still get cold fresh air.