Cold air intake upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Rebtoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e torque
I have a new 2021 1500 crew cab 5.7 hemi etorque. And was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade my cold air intake? What are the advantages? Worth the $$

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes and no. Depends on what you are looking for out of the mods and what other mods do you have planned.

What are you looking to improve on your truck, more hp, more throttle response, etc...?

OP
OP
M

Mike Rebtoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e torque
Well since I just bought the truck I'm just now looking into modifications. I know I'll get a leveling kit and I was just having to be reading about the cold air intake on how it makes it sound a bit better and also claims to add a few miles per gallon and I was just wondering if that was true?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well since I just bought the truck I'm just now looking into modifications. I know I'll get a leveling kit and I was just having to be reading about the cold air intake on how it makes it sound a bit better and also claims to add a few miles per gallon and I was just wondering if that was true?

Won't add mpg.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a new 2021 1500 crew cab 5.7 hemi etorque. And was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade my cold air intake? What are the advantages? Worth the $$
I did exhaust first and then CAI (sport hood with the Mopar vent and box).

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There has been a fair amount of discussion in 4th gen and my personal take from all typed is that Ram did a decent job designing the intake and there is no real benefit obtained from general upgrades. Bit I recommend you read and decide for yourself.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes and no. Depends on what you are looking for out of the mods and what other mods do you have planned.

What are you looking to improve on your truck, more hp, more throttle response, etc...?
There is also a CAI in the for sale thread, not sure of fitment

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

it will not add mpg. An intake would be good for added throttle response, added sound, and/or if you plan to do other mods like exhaust and tune as it is a good supporting mod.

Wesley Kottas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
save your money. definitely a false positive. IE .. you'll only HEAR improvement, not actually have any

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The factory intake is a cold air intake by design. Adding an aftermarket CAI will not give you improved performance or fuel economy, it will only change the way the engine sounds under the hood. As far as improving throttle response goes, a throttle controller (such as Pedal Commander) will do a lot more for you than a CAI.

Disclaimer: My comments are for the cone filter style CAI (K&N, AEM, AFE, etc...) and not for any ram air type like Vararam or the Mopar aftermarket intake kit. I have no experience with those, so I can't speak for or against them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye