Compound turbo setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I havent seen a compound kit for this truck yet, unless someone fabricated a one-off.
Also are these little motors strong enough to hold 50-75lbs of boost? I havent even seen after market head studs for these motors.

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I havent seen a compound kit for this truck yet, unless someone fabricated a one-off.
Also are these little motors strong enough to hold 50-75lbs of boost? I havent even seen after market head studs for these motors.
you haven’t looked very hard then, there’s 3 I know of currently. H&S, Espos Diesel and CFT performance all makes one

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
you haven’t looked very hard then, there’s 3 I know of currently. H&S, Espos Diesel and CFT performance all makes one

I suppose I havent, although if you're looking for that much power you may as well just move to a Cummins and tune it for easy 550+hp.
What you're doing is like slapping a super charger on a v6 gas?

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I suppose I havent, although if you're looking for that much power you may as well just move to a Cummins and tune it for easy 550+hp.
What you're doing is like slapping a super charger on a v6 gas?
Haha yeah you’re not the first to suggest that, and while I may eventually go for a cummins, I still want to look into this option as the HP on a 1/2 ton because of the reduced weight would be nice. I guess that’s why I’m trying to find someone who has the set up and see if they truly think it’s worth it or not. As far as v6 gasser with a Supercharge I think that’s apples to oranges.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cummins in the 1500? Lol. I think it would be cool. Need to see how well the bottom end is built and what pistons and rods it has. I think that would be cool. I debated getting an ecodiesel but at the time there wasn’t much for them so I stuck with the hemi myself. Down the road may look into a rcsb ecodiesel for fun

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Haha yeah you’re not the first to suggest that, and while I may eventually go for a cummins, I still want to look into this option as the HP on a 1/2 ton because of the reduced weight would be nice. I guess that’s why I’m trying to find someone who has the set up and see if they truly think it’s worth it or not. As far as v6 gasser with a Supercharge I think that’s apples to oranges.

Im saying a supercharger on a gas v6 is just as useless as compound turbos on a 3.0 diesel :p

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Im saying a supercharger on a gas v6 is just as useless as compound turbos on a 3.0 diesel :p
In your opinion :321: haha jk about the emoji. But seriously though, now that you know about the kits, have you looked into any of the videos of the ones with it?

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
In your opinion :321: haha jk about the emoji. But seriously though, now that you know about the kits, have you looked into any of the videos of the ones with it?

Yeah I did, seems cool. I guess it would be a good way to cut down turbo lag but again, why not get into a tuned cummins at that point :p Seems like a cool hobbyist type mod, not something I'd do for functionality.

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Yeah I did, seems cool. I guess it would be a good way to cut down turbo lag but again, why not get into a tuned cummins at that point :p Seems like a cool hobbyist type mod, not something I'd do for functionality.
That’s pretty much what I’m wrestling with. H&S Kit is 3200$, plus whatever I’d have to pay for install, SCLB 2nd Gen cummins aren’t excessive in price if you search hard enough for a good one. Idk. As far as turbo lag goes, GDE tune and straight pipe fixed that for me, So this would just be for the hobby mod like you said

Patrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That’s pretty much what I’m wrestling with. H&S Kit is 3200$, plus whatever I’d have to pay for install, SCLB 2nd Gen cummins aren’t excessive in price if you search hard enough for a good one. Idk. As far as turbo lag goes, GDE tune and straight pipe fixed that for me, So this would just be for the hobby mod like you said

If you do it be sure to let us see some demos!

Dwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
I have upgraded turbos for sale texted me 6367348017