Condensation in headlight after opening vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Have a 2016 with Ram oem headlights. I've dried the inside with a hair dryer and opened up all 4 vent caps to nearly fully open. Carefully ran a bead of silicone around the edge of the lens and a week later I have more condensation.

What next? I see that some have added silica packs inside. Others talk about a leak around the adjuster screw, but hard to tell where that is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Anybody know the location of the adjustment screw as some have said it can leak?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had trouble with mine fogging up for a bit, ended up hanging a piece of plastic bag inside the fender behind the light to keep road spray from getting to the headlight. No more issues

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have silica packs in both my trucks headlights and my 300's headlights to combat condensation in both.The only cars i've never had issues with condensation in the headlights, are the wifes Challengers,but her old 2016 had bad enough condensation in the rear tailights they were replaced under warrenty,and never gave me any issues after that