Condensation on inside of windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schectadon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So the past few days after the cold front, rain , and freeze, I have notice condensation on the inside of my windshield. Generally I will see a few water droplets toward the top of my windshield. Anyone know if this is related to the windshield leaking? Or, do I have other issues?
2017 Express quad cab.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
first thing to do, clean the inside of the glass. dirt/film on glass gives a good bonding spot for condensation. this is really noticable if you eat fast food, smoke, or drink coffee in your vehicle.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Happens to my 2017 from time to time too and freaks me out because I went through the leaking 3rd brake light and a leaking aftermarket rear glass. Those leaks made the interior humid as a swamp under the right conditions.

No more interior water leaks on mine that I can find, so all I can attribute the inside glass fogging is the wonky HVAC system on FCA vehicles where the blend doors are (seemingly) always moving around, key in or not. Maybe moisture gets trapped in the system somewhere?

OP
OP
Schectadon

Schectadon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I am almost due another oil change, I am planning on mentioning it to the tech at the dealership to see what they say about it. I don’t smoke and rarely eat or drink in it. Just freaky thinking about all of the electrical equipment and the intermittent moisture issues.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had the same recently and it was a leaky 3rd brake light. Normally I would have sealed it up myself but my truck has the fancy light with the camera that’s like $1500. I let the dealer have it for a couple days and after replacing the light/camera the condensation has stopped. If under warranty I would let the dealer handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine does the same thing here in Georgia. Big temp swings and 100% humidity will cause condensation to build up on the inside. Especially after a good rain and I've probably got a little water on my rubber mats that I drug in on my shoes. Welcome to the humid south....

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2014 does it. Especially with temperature changes throughout the day.

OP
OP
Schectadon

Schectadon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Seems to be more evident after a cold front or heavy rain. Condensation usually for the Following week. I am almost convinced there are is a leak, but other than the condensation, no water stains on the interior.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And we all know that just breathing in a closed space traps moisture inside.
Kills me when I see the odd vehicle on the road with all the windows fogged up. Yup no point in leaving at least one window open just a crack.

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock
OP
OP
Schectadon

Schectadon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was getting condensation on the inside of my windshield in the early fall time range. Im pretty sure it was because of the change in temps from daytime to overnight and then back to morning.

I had already re-sealed my third brake light (using the DIY on this forum) along with adding a bead of silicone around the base of my sharkfin antenna. Those seem to be the biggest culprits, so I figure my cabin is pretty well water sealed at this point. Yet, the condensation still happened.

A week later, no more condensation. The temps were now relatively stable (50s day and night), so I figured that was a good explanation.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the past few days after the cold front, rain , and freeze, I have notice condensation on the inside of my windshield. Generally I will see a few water droplets toward the top of my windshield. Anyone know if this is related to the windshield leaking? Or, do I have other issues?
2017 Express quad cab.
Did this just start? Just by reading your original post my guess if it JUST started or this is the first time you noticed this condition. It is also possible (because you mentioned rain) that you floor mats were wet and that water evaporated inside the car and then condenses on the cooler glass windows. i always have that after snow covered feet in the truck later in the day. But obviously do the standard checks. Feel under and along the back wall of the back seats and inside the wells under the seats. But my guess it was wet mats if never seen before.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The funny thing is it could indicate the truck is sealed VERY well. Like @jr27236 said....if you get water on your mats, it will condense inside if there is not enough air movement to evaporate it completely before a temperature change.

No air movement means the truck is sealed well. Kinda like a house that needs to have outdoor air purposely vented IN because it cant get in naturally (since the house is so well sealed).

Iluvnos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having his issuenow as well. I live in central FL and humidity and heavy rains (even tropical storms/hurricanes) donot cause this issue. However a cold front came through lat weel and the temps started geting into the low 50 range and the condensation happened. all windows affected, even the sunroof. This issue has caused my airbag servie light and trailer breaking system lights to come on. Could this be from the third brake light? Again, its odd it only happened withthe temp change. Thanks everyone.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Third brake light ,shark fin/hockey puck antennas. Vents on rear wall, roof seams, windshield. Most likely will be one of these letting water intrusion. I’m in south Florida and never have had mine fog up on this truck, 2014, however I have replaced my 3rd brake light gasket with one from Home Depot . I am going to inspect the rear wall vents ,because of so many people reporting deterioration of them, just to be proactive. This truck has been thru several hurricanes and doesn’t fog up.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
And we all know that just breathing in a closed space traps moisture inside.
Kills me when I see the odd vehicle on the road with all the windows fogged up. Yup no point in leaving at least one window open just a crack.

I remember my Windows fogging up in highschool !!!!