Connected Car WiFi is dead AT&T?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jefflaur1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
anyone else finding that the AT&T “connected car” WiFi is not working? The vehicle says it is on but but when you try to connect with a laptop it says “no internet connection”. and I might add thst we have the same issue in our two Jeeps as well. ATT says it is a “known issue” but they keep charging me monthly for a service that we don’t get..anyone else?

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The general way most folks have resolved this issue is to disconnect the battery for an hour or so. It fixed this issue on my 19 about two months back. Be aware, it may take a few hours for all the functions to return. Mine seemed fine after about 30 minutes.

Kenobi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L Diesel
Did this only happen yesterday? There was a big cell outage yesterday afternoon that has since cleared up.

Apala

Reaction score
It's a known problem with Chrysler vehicles. I have a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm having the same problem. It's suppose to be fixed by May 31st. That is what AT&T told me. I wrote to Chrysler customer service and here is the reply I got

Thank you for contacting Stellantis Customer Assistance Center

I'm sorry to hear about this. I do see that your vehicles Uconnect Connected Services are through SiriusXM Guardian. For assistance with your Wi-Fi, you would need to contact SiriusXM Guardian at 1-844-796-4827. That hotline is open 24/7 so you may call at any time.

Regards,

Maurice
Customer Service Representative
Stellantis Customer Assistance Center

I called the SiriusXM Guardian number listed and when you select 4 for wifi it forwards your phone call to AT&T mobile (LOL). AT&T says it's a problem with Chrysler cars software and Chrysler gave May 31st as a date it will hopefully get fixed by.

Since a total reset seems to fix it temporarily, I think it is a software problem with SiriusXM Guardian/Uconnect and not an AT&T problem. I'm sure the execs at Chrysler are having the same issue. I did get a $20 credit after I talked to AT&T. If it's not fixed by May 31 I will just cancel the wifi. SiriusXM Guardian/Uconnect better be careful someone could start a class action suit.

Hope this helps

Bryan 67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have experienced the same exact problem on my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. A reset by removing the battery terminals does allow it to work for about a week to 2 weeks. That reset also clears out your password information so you have to revisit all of that each time. I got the same feedback from AT&T back in March that it was a known issue. The May 31st fix date is welcome news if it rolls out.

Pclaunch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did this get resolved for anyone? My 2018 2500 had been working great for the last 3 years and now all the sudden it does not work the last 2 days. ATT blames a software upgrade and refuses to do anything else.

Mike-1500-Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Anyone know if an update is available yet? My wifi just went offline same as original description in this thread.

MRod2404

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 liter V6
Did this get resolved for anyone? My 2018 2500 had been working great for the last 3 years and now all the sudden it does not work the last 2 days. ATT blames a software upgrade and refuses to do anything else.
Mine stopped working about a week ago, does anyone know if its AT&T or Ram that messed it up this time?

Johnpalm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
anyone else finding that the AT&T “connected car” WiFi is not working? The vehicle says it is on but but when you try to connect with a laptop it says “no internet connection”. and I might add thst we have the same issue in our two Jeeps as well. ATT says it is a “known issue” but they keep charging me monthly for a service that we don’t get..anyone else?
When I call AT&T they say they have no agreement with Dodge/Ram. Does anyone have new information on this? is there an option other than AT&T?

Dieldrin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 ETorque
This WIFI issue has happened to me about every 6 weeks since I purchased my 21 Laramie in March '21.
It always seemed to happen on a road trip when I needed it the most for the kids.
In my experience the best resolution was to pull fuse F44 (i think) under the steering column for a second or two and re insert it.
Once it reboots itself the WIFI will work immediately, however the display theme will reset and the climate control needs 15 minutes or so to reinitialize.
You will not lose any other settings.
A few months ago I installed a momentary switch under the dash in line with the fuse to F44.
Now I can easily reach the reset button and conveniently restore the WIFI while driving.
I needed it on a road trip last month and it worked like a charm.
Here's the switch and fuse tap I used.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only reason AT&T would have any responsibility in situations where there is no hotspot broadcast is if there is an issue causing the signal to not be broadcast from the network, with the exception of the SIM/device not being recognized and/or authorized by the AT&T network. You can tell this is the issue by there being no connection/bars on the screen. That is when you call AT&T. Otherwise, you will only be spinning your tires with the AT&T Connected Car department, they are largely useless unless you need to purchase a new plan or cancel an existing one.

My money is it is the hotspot device in the truck not broadcasting the hotspot. Rebooting the device works wonders on the RAM trucks.

An aside-due to some "inside information" I do understand that AT&T tech support/IT departments are about on the same level as Uconnect tech support/IT-read this as nearly nonexistant, doing just enough work to keep their jobs and mediocre level of output from their respective departments.

Dragon62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My renewal email came in and I replied back saying I didn't want it anymore. Next message when asked why not.... I told them of the on and off service since last March and no credit offered. Still nothing from them...

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl
I’ve had the same issue on my 2022 Ram 2500 limited for well over a year. I’ve called numerous times of that span, and they tell me it’s a software issue with Chrysler???? And they are working on it. I literally called two days ago and same message was told to me. She said it was an issue on some Chrysler, Jeep and Rams. I can’t believe they are taking so long to get this issue taken care of

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My renewal email came in and I replied back saying I didn't want it anymore. Next message when asked why not.... I told them of the on and off service since last March and no credit offered. Still nothing from them...
I ignored all the emails about extending my free trial. Never used it, never wanted it. I hotspot with my smartphone on Verizon. In the areas I travel, Verizon has the best coverage too. Can't think why I'd want to pay extra to get vehicle embedded wifi hotspot when I'm already paying for it with Verizon.

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sure hope you are not expecting a credit, ATT will NEVER offer one.