Considering switching to new 2019 Power Wagon from Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer757

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Leaning towards the PW as long as I can find a suspension set up that will greatly reduce the stiff bouncy ride. After talking with some shops that are familiar with these trucks (hard to find), some are relatively certain they can soften the ride close to a Raptor on payment ride, but not as “floaty”.

I’m now also looking a new 3500 with the 6.7 1000 torque. They offer an auto load level suspension. But I like the look of the PW more. Having said that, the interior of the 3500 is very Luxurious Here’s the build. Now just need to find one to test drive. View attachment 186214

From test driving, I thought the PW had the best ride quality out of all the 2500 (even ones with air, as it if for leveling load more so). The PW had a better ride than a 2500 with the 4x4 package as well. Your other option would be to look at a rebel and get the air suspension. That would give you more off-road capabilities than the 3500 along with a better ride. What is it your really going for?

OP
OP
T

Todd Turbo S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Lol I love this guy. Turbo S, not afraid to spend the money. You really don’t seem to need either truck for its capabilities. Guess it’s down to ride quality.

The PW will ride better than the 3500. Also the auto level in the 3500 is for towing not unloaded ride quality.
You’re dead on with your assessment. Aesthetic’s and ride quality. The only time my truck will see 4 wheel drive, is on our winter trips to the Incline Village cabin. I do have residential investment properties and a truck comes in handy for the occasional need I have to carry stuff that doesn’t fit as well in my Sequoia.
This truck will end up being the Vehicle I use the most. I have a dog that is my shadow and the larger cabin with the 3500 is Appealing. At the end of the day, I’m really drawn to the PW. I think, hands down best looking truck. May even consider looking for a SC as a MOD. All the feedback on this forum is Awesome, love theEnthusiast.

OP
OP
T

Todd Turbo S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
you are looking at two completely different trucks. Like chevy to ford different. Figure out what truck works best for you (drivetrain/suspension wise) then change the aesthetics to your liking if you need to.
Agreed

OP
OP
T

Todd Turbo S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
From test driving, I thought the PW had the best ride quality out of all the 2500 (even ones with air, as it if for leveling load more so). The PW had a better ride than a 2500 with the 4x4 package as well. Your other option would be to look at a rebel and get the air suspension. That would give you more off-road capabilities than the 3500 along with a better ride. What is it your really going for?
Good to know, I haven’t had a change to test drive any other Ram trucks, other and than the PW.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the response. The main reason I was considering the Raptor, is comfort when riding on payment. As I said, I’ll never take the truck off road. The stock Raptor suspension set up is extremely comfortable, and my wife is ok driving in it. How does your PW ride on the road with your set up? Close to the Raptor?
The only valuable words I can lend are... I killed it with just the signature line build

this truck will blow a raptor driver away as it relates to HD comfort

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
It doesn’t matter the reason one wants a PW. As I don’t think the OP is here to be talked out of one but to test the waters of his soon to be new “club”.
Welcome to the Club!! Buy one with every option checked. No regrets.
Some PW are Pavement Queens and are available for duty just like a concealed piece.
Some are for hunting season, ski season, or beach days and you want luxury when doing it.
Some are bought for pure off roading hobbies and will only come out to play on those days.

check out my thread to the Smoky mountains

also gear up. The truck rides better carrying 500lbs. All HD trucks do! This one is not Different. put 35s on it as soon as you can and enjoy :happy160:

Great reply here. PW’s ROCK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk