Console USB ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2018 Ram 1500. Wondering whats going on with the USB ports inside my console. I can plug my phone into either one and the charge goes on and off every second or 2. I can plug into to the one next to cup holders and it's fine. The ones in the console are used for Android Auto, but it won't work with the charging on and off every few seconds.

Mcsteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a similar problem with my 2018 1500 Sport, not exactly the same but close. The USBs are in the center storage lid and we’re fine while I had my iPhone X. When I upgraded to the 13 Pro and the wife plunged in her new Android the USB shut down completely. Power did eventually come back but only with 1 phone attached at a time but does still cut out from time to time.

When I checked with the dealer they said the USB port wasn’t capable of supplying enough power for the 2 newer phones. I don’t know how accurate that is but I don’t have anything else to go on.

pjram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up buying a plug for the cigarette lighter with two USB ports. It helped.

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
do u have a pic or part number u used for the cig lighter

oldroy61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
any gas station has them at the counter or around the store

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Mcsteve
Did you ask that person at the dealer where they got the information from
Did it come from Headquarters in Auburn Hills Michigan or out of his imagination