Convenience controls went crazy after update from uconnect.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillardgl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
My 2018 Ram stated that it required an update so I did. After the update my phone started calling my contacts at random to and the radio station would scan all by itself and wouldn’t stay on my station. All this started after the update. I unhooked the battery for about 30 minutes and reconnected it to no avail. So I had to take it to the dealer and was told that the delamination on the screen was causing my problem. But my question and concern is that before the update I had 0 issues now I have to pay for the messed up system. I wonder what the update was really for. Has anyone else had issues?

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
My 2018 Ram stated that it required an update so I did. After the update my phone started calling my contacts at random to and the radio station would scan all by itself and wouldn’t stay on my station. All this started after the update. I unhooked the battery for about 30 minutes and reconnected it to no avail. So I had to take it to the dealer and was told that the delamination on the screen was causing my problem. But my question and concern is that before the update I had 0 issues now I have to pay for the messed up system. I wonder what the update was really for. Has anyone else had issues?
I would not be surprised if the coincidence was there that your delamination got worse at the same time you had the update done. Seems strange but still the delam issue definitely would make sense for why the system was acting upon itself.

chows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have got a 22 Larami with 10000 mi. All of a sudden, the radio says LOST GPS The dealer has put 3 new radios in and only one has lasted a week before saying LOST GPS. The second radio started sending SOS signals, so They put the old one back in. Love the truck but it's getting a little annoying.

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
I have got a 22 Larami with 10000 mi. All of a sudden, the radio says LOST GPS The dealer has put 3 new radios in and only one has lasted a week before saying LOST GPS. The second radio started sending SOS signals, so They put the old one back in. Love the truck but it's getting a little annoying.
Got damn I'm so glad i have a 4th gen. That's dumb