Convert from airride to coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomersam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to lift my 17 ram rebel with airride. There is really only one lift out there for the airride and it’s a 4 inch. I want I 6 inch lift any opinions what lift kit I should go with and what other parts besides the kit I will need to buy.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to lift my 17 ram rebel with airride. There is really only one lift out there for the airride and it’s a 4 inch. I want I 6 inch lift any opinions what lift kit I should go with and what other parts besides the kit I will need to buy.
I would stay with springs. I had a 16 Rebel and had so much trouble with the air ride suspension, I got rid of the truck as and purchased a sport with springs. If you do some research on the air ride, you will find many complaints on it.

heckcat9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe deleting the air supension involves replacing the rear air springs with coils, adding rear coil isolators, and replacing the front air struts with coil based struts or coilovers. The air system can then be disabled in AlphaOBD to prevent any suspension faults.

The air compressor and lines can be removed or repurposed. :)