Convert middle bench seat to console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Has anyone ever removed the middle front passenger fold down bench seat and put a true center console there instead like the higher model RAMs come with? If so, any instructions on how to do so and where to buy the center console parts? Thanks in advance!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone ever removed the middle front passenger fold down bench seat and put a true center console there instead like the higher model RAMs come with? If so, any instructions on how to do so and where to buy the center console parts? Thanks in advance!
Look in 4th Gen section, there are a couple of threads there which might help.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What exactly is your Ram ?
Is it a 2019 Classic or 2019 5Th Gen ?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Bucket seats are wider in the bench seat configuration.

ChrisChen74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Meaning there will be a gap if you take out the jump seat and put a console?

I'm guessing it means most likely you cannot just replace the middle seat and put a center console there since the outer bench seats are wider then the bucket seats. I'm also not sure if the front bench seat is one piece or not but in the end you will most likely will need to buy a center console plus the right bucket seats, also most likely you will need also some sort of wiring harness to get power to the correct places if they are not long enough. I also don't know if the dash on a bench seat truck is the same as the bucket seat one, I'm guessing not so that might be another issue.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'm trying to understand the dislike...on the bench, there is storage in the center seat-back...there is more storage under the seat (it lifts up)...there is a small storage tray on the floor in front of the seat...and finally, there is a storage drawer in the lower part of the dash infront of the center seat. Having all that storage AND being able to seat 6 adults is why I special ordered my '21 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4 WITH the bench seat. I've had people in mine who were shocked to find out my 'console' folded up and allowed an extra seat! They didn't think a bench seat was available any more.

To each their own. Good luck with your console swap!

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
here is a link for you. they do the conversion. you need to get the adapter cable from someone. 1500 and 2500 should be the same.

Not sure I would go with them. Their customer service on radio upgrades is not too hot. Their radio upgrade customers keep coming to these forums for help.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Bucket seats are wider in the bench seat configuration.
Care to share your source for this information? It's my understanding that the outer seats are identical with either configuration. Just the center section (seat or console) and lower dash section are different.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
chri5k,

I agree fully. It just showed the semantics of changing to a console. Kinda a nut and bolt thing. He wanted to know if it could be done and how. Outer seats are the same and console / bench are interchangeable with wire adapter.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I’m late to this thread but am interested in the concept. Anything come of it? OP, we’re you able to change out the center seat for the console?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Members have been doing it for the Gen 4 Rams since 2009

I have not read about anyone trying it with a GEN 5
but, that does not mean that it won't work

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I checked the front jump seat of my 2020 RAM 1500DT. It is a separate seat from the driver and passenger seat. All three are independent of each other. The driver and front passenger seats are full power seats. The fold down jump seat doesn’t move , so it seems removable. The most difficult part would be any electrical connections. Anyone done this swap out?

Last edited: