Convert "Power" side folding mirrors to "Auto" side folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LGBrandon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
My 2022 1500 Laramie came with power folding side mirrors.. But I park in a parking garage a lot, and would like them to be auto folding mirrors (meaning they either fold automatically when the truck is turned off, or put in park) any one come across how to do this upgrade?

Reactions: JCE

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I don’t know how to copy an old thread, sorry…….but I just put ‘auto fold mirrors’ in the search bar and it comes up with an option to do this, but only by keeping some sort of scan tool in the OBD port. Check it out! Easy find.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The Tazer will do this for you from Z Automotive. On the 5th gen 1500's you just replace the security gateway with the tazer and that's that, unlike the 4th gen or those of us with 4.5 gen HD's that need to leave it on an unlocked OBD2 port. Honestly the only thing I use my Tazer for is the autofold, but mine came out of my old challenger that I sold and I simply reflashed it to the Ram firmware.

swbws

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco
Crazy how we need to purchase an aftermarket part to have this option. RAM should update the firmware to allow for this option.