Coolant gauge not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brendantiberend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2/318
Hello I’m new here.
I just completed a 5.2 swap in my 1995 Dodge 1500.
For the most part everything is working out very well aside from the coolant gauge not working and that’s why I am here.

For the coolant gauge I have replaced the thermistor on the block next to the upper radiator hose. I have also verified that it is receiving 5 volts and that the resistance changes with temperature.

If it is an easy fix, I would be happy to fix it. On the other hand, I am not opposed in putting in an aftermarket Display with the current thermistor or getting an aftermarket thermistor and gauge, but I have had a hard time finding either of these two secondary options.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to message me or post any questions.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Old Thread, but deserves a reply, seems its getting power, so not transmitting signal to the dash. I would run an aftermarket cheap gauge until I could find the source of the real problem. I have a manual and if you'd like wiring schematics just let me know