Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gazza666

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8:3
Hey up my friends,I’ve developed a coolant leak.looks like it’s coming from the head gasket on the passenger side,do I need to do a sniff test and if it is the gasket can it be changed with the engine in the truck,any ideas thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey up my friends,I’ve developed a coolant leak.looks like it’s coming from the head gasket on the passenger side,do I need to do a sniff test and if it is the gasket can it be changed with the engine in the truck,any ideas thanks
The easiest way to verify the location of the coolant leak is to pressurize the cooling system. If you have a cooling system pressure tester, even better. If not, you can rent one from your local parts store.

Pressurize the cooling system with the pressure listed on the radiator cap. Then look for the leak. If it is a head gasket leaking then it is easily repaired with the motor in the truck.

I have never pulled a V-10 to remove the cylinder heads. I have one of the ladder/step creepers that you can lay on and it hangs over the top of the engine. It has slots and trays and the like built it to store tools so they don't fall.