Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolant leaking in my engine and it's not starting up

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by breezydun81, Aug 30, 2020.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. breezydun81

breezydun81 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    318-Magnum
    When I brought the cylinder heads to the machine shop so they can look at them and everything both of them were cracked but the passenger side cracked in between so that was the one that was leaking mostly the other one just started cracking so I had to buy two rebuilt heads. My head gaskets were still the original from 95 and everything was still original in that truck when I took it apart it was crazy getting those manifolds off they were a b****

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

2. Dan98

Dan98 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hell yeah I'm sure it didn't want to come apart at all. But I'm glad to hear you got after it I'm sure you will be driving it soon if not already

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

3. breezydun81

breezydun81 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    318-Magnum
    Hello brother I need some information on a different subject this is the only way I can get a hold of you I guess but I did that I replaced the heads cuz both of the cylinder heads were cracked I put it all back together runs beautiful I did a good job thank you but I want to replace the lifters on it and the rocker arms I'm going to get the Harland ones cuz they're the best 1.7 ratio but I don't know what type of lifters go in there is it hydraulic flat lifters or is it hydraulic roller lifters I believe it's flat but can I put roller in it and will it make it perform better is my question Dan if you could help me out answer me you know whenever you have time???

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

4. Dan98

Dan98 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    When you had them out did u see one end of lifter has a roller on it or flat? I believe all magnum engines are rollers at least for second generation truck 5.2 5.9

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk