Cooper AT3 - Whos got 'em?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Who has them, what do you like, what do you not like, how do they ride, MPG loss/gain, etc...

Trying to find tires for dad's truck and I keep coming back to these. They're not too aggressive but I think will work well with what his truck does. He doesn't go off road a ton and mostly drives highway, HOWEVER, we don't need his truck getting stuck in grandpa's pasture when we go out that way.

This is what is currently on it in P265/70/17
GEOLANDAR H/T-S Off-Road Performance Tires | Yokohama Tire Corp.

Not a bad tire, but unfortunately we didn't get the 60k that's advertised.

I've been looking for reviews on the Coopers and have found pretty much nothing but praise for these things so I want y'alls take on it.

Fire away guys. :)

OP
OP
dodge dude94

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
We're having to balance more than mileage with this tire. Basically he doesn't want to lose mpg too badly, which I think that if we go with a P-metric tire that won't be an issue,

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the AT3s on my '11 Grand Cherokee about 3 months ago. I love them thus far. The OE Michelin Latitude Tours were horrible. The AT3s ride just as good, if not better. They are slightly more noisy. They are slightly more noisy than Silent Armors, but not much. Snow and wet traction improved tremendously. I didn't seem to take much of a MPG hit in mixed city driving. It's tough to say until Spring comes around. I'd rather sacrifice 1+MPG, and be ready for any adverse conditions.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I had them and they didn't last very long. Good at first but wore out rather quickly. I rotated them everything. They only lasted me about a year and a half. I have the hankook ATM on mine now and have had them on another truck and loved them. About the same price too

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Got the coopers on my daughters truck. A bit noisy on the highway, but they handle what she uses it for. She loves to go off road a bit too much. I have had to extract her a few times from situations she got into that she should not have. Durn 17 year old girls think they are invincible.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I have them on mine. Work great. I have about 15k on them sofar and wearing pretty good. Winter traction good at 30 psi.

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
I run these on my truck during the winter months only. I have no complaints. They handle very well in the snow (and we get a lot of that stuff here) and I also find them to be pretty good on ice too! They appear to be wearing pretty good, although I do only use them for 3-5 months a year.

RedRam20s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put them in my truck a couple weeks ago. Anyone complaining about noise is crazy IMO, these are super quiet. It's hard to see the tires clearly but here they are.uploadfromtaptalk1390758751107.jpg

Moto X using Tapatalk

Code106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got about 20k miles on my AT3 right now. i might be lucky if i can get another 20k but that would be pushing it im guessing. not close to the 55k that they are rated for, but i do lots highway driving, and lots of back country road driving, along with some hills and winter driving. (and mild off roading) (and took it to the dragstrip once too)

noise - i can't help you there cause i don't hear any tire noise over the sound of my borla exhaust.

traction - mud and dirt they are pretty good, and they are excellent on wet pavement. snow and ice i would have to say they are not that great as i have to use 4wd more often than other people just to stay on the road, but i think they are kind of wide. (and i have a heavy foot too)

Price - i thought they were pretty good, i paid $875 mounted and balanced

I rotate them every 5000 miles and keep the pressure between 32-35. they have good warranty too. the shop that i bought them from pro-rated me a tire when i got a nail in it and only had to pay $50 for a new one. i don't have the exact size right now id have to look, but i think they are just a hair wider than the stock 20's

overall - i'm pretty happy with them and i would buy them again.

snj52711

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just replaced the hankook atm's that were on my truck with a set of the at3. So far I love them, much better traction, good ride, and quiet. Where the hankooks would break loose very easily (wet,dry,snow, and ice), the coopers grip and propel. They also balanced out great and didn't take much weight to do so.

Davedan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Who has them, what do you like, what do you not like, how do they ride, MPG loss/gain, etc...

Trying to find tires for dad's truck and I keep coming back to these. They're not too aggressive but I think will work well with what his truck does. He doesn't go off road a ton and mostly drives highway, HOWEVER, we don't need his truck getting stuck in grandpa's pasture when we go out that way.

This is what is currently on it in P265/70/17
GEOLANDAR H/T-S Off-Road Performance Tires | Yokohama Tire Corp.

Not a bad tire, but unfortunately we didn't get the 60k that's advertised.

I've been looking for reviews on the Coopers and have found pretty much nothing but praise for these things so I want y'alls take on it.

Fire away guys. :)
I've had them on several jeep Cherokees, I loved them ,mileage - never cared cause it never changed..My buddy got sick of me pulling him out of his driveway when ever his slid off in his Suburban. He bought them for it and I never had to pull him out again.Great tire.