Cooper Discover AT3 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitey22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any reviews on these. I thought they looked awesome and ordered some. When they came in and we’re installed I was even more impressed. Now just looking for how they might last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I put the Cooper AT3 4S on my 1500 last june. Only about 4000 miles on them but seem to be wearing just fine. Good in all weather. How much did the FLY change your ride ? I did loose about 1.5 mpg, how bout you ?

OP
OP
mitey22

mitey22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the Cooper AT3 4S on my 1500 last june. Only about 4000 miles on them but seem to be wearing just fine. Good in all weather. How much did the FLY change your ride ? I did loose about 1.5 mpg, how bout you ?

To soon to tell. I’ll get some pics up soon they look real aggressive but are nice and quiet they have some nice sidewalk lugs that make the truck look like a truck

JROOT327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have any reviews on these. I thought they looked awesome and ordered some. When they came in and we’re installed I was even more impressed. Now just looking for how they might last

I've had mine on for about 13k now. They have towed a boat on 2 different 8 hour (each way) trips. They ride and tow awesome. So far, wet and snow traction have been very good. The road manners are unreal for a tire that does so well off road. I took the truck to Wyoming for a public land mule deer hunt, and the 3 days before we got there it rained. If you know anything about high desert and rain, they don't like each other. The main 2-track was 3" of mud for 20 miles and as long as you kept the tire speed up a bit to fling off the clay/mud the tires kept the truck moving, including after sliding into the runoff ditch on one occasion. After it dried up, even without airing them down, we found ourselves on a couple very steep and uneven rocky 2-tracks that probably weren't made for trucks (size of sxs trails), but there was no backing out. These tires, and the truck for that matter, shocked me. They answered the call in some very sketchy situations. My brother and Dad were blown away and plan on putting them on their trucks for their next set as well. 100% recommend.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I have them on my 11 and my 16. About 30 k since install on 11, 15k on the 16. Little to no visible wear on either set. Good all weather, no problems in snow or ice. I live in Montana and work in Iowa so lots of Midwest snow and weather.

Pulled 7 x 14 tandem trailer loaded down across country.

Expect I'll get 60k or more out of either set of them.

fijicorey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have the XLT, but do have the normal AT3 4s installed since Aug 2019. They are great after about 3k miles. Should easily get 50k out of them.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I had trouble getting them to balance. The shop said one needed 6 oz and another needed 4 oz. They went back and I put on Michelins. I bought them online from Tires-Easy so it wasn't the shop trying to upsell me.

Hogman338

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had trouble getting them to balance. The shop said one needed 6 oz and another needed 4 oz. They went back and I put on Michelins. I bought them online from Tires-Easy so it wasn't the shop trying to upsell me.

That's not really that bad my Cooper ST Maxx tires have anywhere 4oz to 12oz. They are on my Chevy 2500hd and ride pretty good. I'm putting the AT3 XLT tires on my RAM since I don't need that aggressive of a tire.