Corner Speakers Overwhelming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
6 Channel ampmis the way to go. I tried the resistor and could tell anything different. I do know that running full sound to the Kicker CS speakers will roast them since they have now crossover protection. Your better off picking up the factory upgrade Kicker dash speakers from Mopar.
My set up is Kicker CS 6x9's in front and read doors and CS Dash Speakers, 6x9's running thru an Alpine PDR-F50 amp. Dash speakers rewired and running off of the head unit only. Might swap the dashes back to the Mopar kickers?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
They are 4 ohm as well.

OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I went ahead and did the resistor mod and it made quite the difference I’m happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I upgraded all my speakers in my truck to Kicker CS Series speakers. All the speakers are 4 ohm speakers. I also have a Kenwood DDX9904S. My corner speakers sound like they are overwhelming the rest of the speakers and you can’t turn up the volume it sounds horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loyal ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L I6
I just bought and ready to install the infinity corner dash speakers and when I turn the truck on I hear a pop my drivers side has grey wires one with a red stripe and one with a yellow. Which one is the positive. I cannot find a schematic anywhere

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought and ready to install the infinity corner dash speakers and when I turn the truck on I hear a pop my drivers side has grey wires one with a red stripe and one with a yellow. Which one is the positive. I cannot find a schematic anywhere

I believe Grey with Yellow wire is your negative. Which leaves the other wire to be the positive one.