Could the SRT-10 be coming back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Saw this article posted on another dodge forum and thought it was interesting, what do you folks think? Nothing substantial but it is nice that there at least thinking about it.

by Patrick Rall

I recently had a chance to speak with Ralph Gilles - CEO and President of the newly formed high performance SRT brand and design head for the Chrysler Group - during the launch of the new SRT High Performance Tour. After Mr. Gilles spoke a bit about the 2012 Charger, Challenger, 300C and Jeep Grand Cherokee in SRT8 form, he opened the floor to questions from the small group of media present. Automotive executives rarely discuss future models due to the level of competition in the industry, but as a Ram owner and lover of high performance trucks, I had to ask Ralph about the possibility of a future SRT-level Ram pickup.
My question to Mr. Gilles was whether or not the SRT Group sees a business case and demand for an SRT variant of the Ram 1500. Notice, I didn't ask him if they were going to make one, but rather, I was interested to see if he and his group think that there is the market for a high performance pickup, like we saw in the Dodge Ram SRT10 a few years ago. His reply should be looked at as being good news for those who yearn for a truck that will beat out today's sports cars.

SRT boss Gilles was candid in his response, but he did say that there are people within the Chrysler Group hierarchy who see a business case and appropriate demand for a high performance vehicle based on the Ram 1500. Gilles also pointed out that the SRT Group is very aware of the demand from the consumers for an SRT Ram, but he closed by saying that if they were to build a new SRT Ram, they would "do it right this time".

So what does that mean?

Well, earlier in the evening Gilles was talking about the history of the SRT lineup and he mentioned that looking back, there were vehicles that they would do again and others that he thought missed the mark. He elaborated by pointing out that the Ram SRT10 Regular Cab, which packed the Viper V10 and a manual transmission, was very popular and did a fine job of representing the SRT name, while the Quad Cab version (automatic only) was far less popular. The Ram SRT10 Quad Cab packed the same power as the regular cab models but with the automatic transmission and heavier truck, the performance was a far cry from that of the smaller truck.

The short of this all is that from what was said by SRT Group President Ralph Gilles, there is a possibility of seeing a high performance Ram pickup from the Street and Racing Technology Group in the coming years. Keep your fingers crossed!

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That'd be awesome if they did!! I just wish my pocketbook was deep enough for one hahaha

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm willing to be it will be an SRT8 truck, not an SRT10. I think it would be a much smarter move and would have a much higher purchase rate. Who wouldn't take a RCSB with the new 6.4 and a manual transmission?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
That would be cool to see. I think the SRT8 is the better option also

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm willing to be it will be an SRT8 truck, not an SRT10. I think it would be a much smarter move and would have a much higher purchase rate. Who wouldn't take a RCSB with the new 6.4 and a manual transmission?

Hellllllls yeahhhhh! hahaha thatd be tight. I bet it would be the SRT8 to go with the chally, charger, and magnum :drool:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

I can't really see myself in a RC, but with that, I may just be able to make an exception. That would be awesome.

Even the 6.4 in a 4 door truck would be hard for me to turn down.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
we can only hope

jimtete

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3 liter V-10
8.3 The only way to go .......

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree the 6.4 would be the most logical option.I heard they might make a SRT-10 Chally.Now THAT would be saweet!

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id but a 4th gen manual srt10 in a heartbeat. Trade my truck for it. Even a 6.1 id take as long as its stick. That much power would be awesome in 4x4 imo. (just saying)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Srt 10 chally would be awesome! A srt 8 ram crew 4x4 is more along the lines of my next vehicle when big silver dies

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm sure they have somethin up their sleeves hehe

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'll trade in the r/t to get and Srt :) got my vote!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I like the SRT always have , better looking than the Furd Lightning

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well they do have one truck the ram 1500 quick silver a 4th ram with the 6.4 liter its not production or known if it will but it was at an auto show read a couple articles on has the 4.10 gears 22 red runs red honeycomb grill insert red mirrors as well as a bed cover with an all silver body