Couple of Battery issue questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THBailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel engine
Replaced the batteries in my 2016 3500 diesel today. Question 1: Made a bit of a mess out of the fiber insulation around the batteries. How important is this stuff? Got it all back on but the duct tape repair looks a little bush league. Question 2: The truck only has a hair over 20,000 miles on it. It is an extra vehicle that sits a lot waiting for infrequent towing duties. I am actually surprised the OEM batteries lasted as long as they did after going flat from non-use several times. After a little north of four bills for the new batteries it is clearly time for a maintainer. Any idea what float charger size I need to keep up with the parasitic draw while also keeping these new batteries happy? I am thinking my 750 MA Battery Tender might be a bit light for the job. Thanks so much.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have used the Deltran Battery Tender for years. The one that I used on my previous diesel was the 1.25 amp, Battery Tender Plus. I still use that model on my current truck, and yard tractor. This was recently brought up, so you could do a quick search and see other opinions, and options as well.

Welcome to the forum.

021-0128.BatteryTender.01.jpg