CP4.2 fuel pump class action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They used to have rental vouchers with Enterprise
Enterprise only charges $18 a day
The vouchers likely cost Dodge less than that

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does FCA cover the rental voucher or does the dealer? I haven't had to deal with this with Ram, so honest question.

In our area it is up to the dealership to either provide a loaner from their fleet (if available) or to set you up with a rental from a partnering rental agency. Not every dealership partners, as we found with our Expedition and Ford. We had to pay for the rental up front and once the repairs were complete and receipts turned in, Ford reimbursed us for the cost of the rental car.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They called me tonight and said it would be at least 2 weeks- I asked for a rental car and they said they didn't have any. I said that needs to be remedied by tomorrow as this isn't my fault. They should at least do that for me correct?
Unfortunately, I've found out in 68 years on this planet, that my sense of entitlement is less important to others who adhere to "It ain't my problem"!

That being said, in the old days, dealers and businesses in general valued customers more than they do today. The principals of these businesses placed value on relationship(s) with customers. As most dealers have gone the way of "Sam's Club- Wal-Mart" et. al. business models instead of mom and pop businesses, and are owned by "Group" corporate shiiit heads, they are very cold and uncaring. This is evidenced in how poor the telephone etiquette has become over the years.

Yes, in theory, they SHOULD provide you with a rental, but it ain't gonna happen.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Unfortunately, I've found out in 68 years on this planet, that my sense of entitlement is less important to others who adhere to "It ain't my problem"!

That being said, in the old days, dealers and businesses in general valued customers more than they do today. The principals of these businesses placed value on relationship(s) with customers. As most dealers have gone the way of "Sam's Club- Wal-Mart" et. al. business models instead of mom and pop businesses, and are owned by "Group" corporate shiiit heads, they are very cold and uncaring. This is evidenced in how poor the telephone etiquette has become over the years.

Yes, in theory, they SHOULD provide you with a rental, but it ain't gonna happen.

Then they need to send the guy with the shuttle to take her to and from everywhere she needs to go for those 2 weeks.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Then they need to send the guy with the shuttle to take her to and from everywhere she needs to go for those 2 weeks.
There's no need to "yell" at me. I am as frustrated as you are. I'm on your side. But, as an ex- GM/Ford dealer tech (I've been away from them since 2003) I have witnessed many abuses to customers... but they seemed less prolific then.

This bad treatment has trickled down to all other aspects of services and businesses, as I've seen in my recent experiences

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
It's not just the dealers, but the manufacturers that have moved on from providing loaners/rentals. Except for luxury brands. It's what I always liked about driving a Mercedes under warranty. I'd drop my car off for warranty/recall work, jump in a loaner and be on my way. If they didn't have a loaner available they'd take me to Enterprise to pick up a rental that they had ready and waiting. And not all the time, but most of the time, they'd bring my vehicle back to me and pick up their loaner.

But you buy a $70-100k truck and are treated like you bought a $20k Kia. If I didn't need a truck I'd still be driving a Mercedes.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The title of this thread is "CP4.2 fuel pump class action lawsuit". Is suit idea dead now that FCA has a fix and has been repairing vehicles? Albeit not at the pace some would like.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
The title of this thread is "CP4.2 fuel pump class action lawsuit". Is suit idea dead now that FCA has a fix and has been repairing vehicles? Albeit not at the pace some would like.

Even if it isn't dead I don't understand the point of class action's outside of injury suits. In a case like this, even if FCA was ordered to pay a $100M fine, each person in the suit would receive like $16.32, while the law firm walks with $70M.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Not sure. I guess it is good business for the lawyers and in theory the fear of getting sued is supposed to keep businesses in line. This particular law firm lists ~400 cases on their website that are active or settled.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Even if it isn't dead I don't understand the point of class action's outside of injury suits. In a case like this, even if FCA was ordered to pay a $100M fine, each person in the suit would receive like $16.32, while the law firm walks with $70M.
Law firm will walk with 33 1/3 not 70 out of 100.

So everybody gets $32.64 lol

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Best bet is to retain an attorney. I was lucky in that I have legal insurance, which I only pay something like $4 a month for. My attorney was able to secure a settlement from FCA for failure to do diligence to expedite a quick resolution. Even though my truck did not shut down as did the lady who recently shared her story here. But, it could have! And at any time and without any warning.