Cracked rear window frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhamram205

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
New here and love the content. I purchased a 2019 ram rebel with 13k miles about 4 months ago. Overall I love it but just has a few bugs trying to work out. Among those are two newly formed cracks to the upper part of the rear window frame. Luckily I haven't noticed any leaking, yet, but I do keep it inside the garage. Two questions:
1. Will they warranty the replacement of the window frame even though it isn't leaking
2. Will they replace the frame alone and reinstall pre existing window or install new windows. The reason I ask is I have high dollar ceramic tint installed and concerned about the replacement of tint under warranty.
Thanks for the replies.23CAD201-B34C-488D-9583-869C7EFE21BE.jpeg

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
10 pages of cracked frames on just this post.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
10 pages of cracked frames on just this post.

Yep, and if you search google you'll find on another ram forum there is a thread nearly 100 pages long too.

Edit: Not 100% sure of OPs questions but for #1, I don't think so but might be dealer dependent or how much noise you make? And #2, I believe it's the whole assembly and you'd probably have to make a bunch of noise to have any chance of them helping out with your tint. Wouldn't count on that but I could be wrong, I'm hoping I won't be having this same problem but I know it's fairly common.

Last edited:

rws1944

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 Limited. In April 2021 the rear window and frame were replaced due to the cracked window frame which was still under warranty. Nothing was said about replacing the frame only which I doubt can be done without replacing the window also. Mine was not leaking but the cracks were visible and the dealer did not quibble about fixing it. All they did was take a photo of the cracks and received authorization for the replacement a day later. You might want to read/reference Star Case Number S2022300005 Rev A with a release date of 01/30/21. This case number shows the correct Backlite part # as 68426398AD with a packaging dated after 11/26/2020. The part number the dealer used was 684226398AC which is the part number for the ones that have been failing. I brought this to the attention of the dealer who said that FCA is warranting the replacement Backlite (68426398AC) for two years from the installation date regardless of when the factory warranty expires.

Point here is get your truck in ASAP before the factory warranty expires and make sure they use the correct part number. If they use the old part number show them the Star Case number referenced above and insist they give you acknowledgement for the extended two year factory warranty to replace the old part number in case it fails again.