CRANK NO START CONDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machinix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l V8
I will make this straightforward as possible.
Morning time:cranked truck fine went to work.
Lunch: cranked up fine.
Leaving: cranked up..check gages lamp comes on.
On the way home voltage meter begins to drop.
Get home and it dies.
WILL NOT CRANK OR START.
Here begins list of troubleshooting:New battery. = NO crank No start.
New alternator=Crank No start.
(Check engine light on but no Check gage light)
Checked fuel pump= fuel pump turns on, pressure at fuel rail.
Disconnected battery disconnected Tipm module to attempt hard reset(connected negative and positive terminals)
No start
Replaced crankshaft position sensor
No start.
Sprayed starter fluid in intake
No start.

Codes: C2206(my truck does not have ABS),U0100,U0141,B1981.

Any help,knowledge,suggestions would greatly be appreciated! I am NOT a mechanic jus a DIYer.so please take this into consideration.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
right here is your number one issue
U0100 Dodge Code - Lost Communication With Engine Control Module/Powertrain Control Module
no Communication with ECM/PCM it wont start and I am pretty sure your truck has rear ABS I believe it was standard so there is that issue that could flow back and cause the no communication issue especially if it killed the can bus that one no easy fix to just walking someone through you need good scanner & testing equipment to test the can bus system to see if the resistors in the line are still good if that abs module is at first of the can bus line or end and it lost a resistor that would kill the commutation's

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/u0100_dodge.html