Creak/groan noise while turning left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AverageJ0e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey guys, just bought a ram 2500 a few weeks back. Truck is great, however I hear a weird creaking noise when I turn left at slow speeds (Turing into parking spot etc). I hear it while I’m driving, had my wife drive while I stand outside but didn’t hear it and then I rode in back seat and it sounded like it was coming from rear end. I have read that it could possibly be sway bar end links, or control arm bushings or even the rear diff. Anyone else having a similar issue and have had any sort of solution?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get some penetrating oil and spray one suspected piece at a time until you locate the noise.

Wyo72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2020 2500 did something similar, only it had a vibration/binding feel along with a slight creaking noise while turning . Turned out to be a bad bearing in the rear diff. Dealer had to replace bearings as well as the differential housing which was apparently trashed when bearing went bad. Tech noted on work order that he checked diff fluid and it was black while diagnosing, you may want to pull the fill plug and see if yours is black.

Scott J Mirabella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You ever figure this out? My 2020 Rebel just started doing this at 40,000. So strange only when turning left at slow speeds. Especialy backing out of my driveway or into a parking spot. I've had 2 shops look at it and tell me everything is fine in the front end. Sounds horrible tho!