Creaks & Groans with New lifted truck, ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeastMom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi Etorque
I bought my husband a 2020 Dodge Ram Rebel 1500 V8 Hemi ETorque truck with a 6 inch lift(done by local 4 Wheel Specialty shop) by dealer. I believe brand is BDS? We've had the truck since Feb. and when we test drove it, I don't remember it being very loud, other than wheel noise (37' inch mud tires). However, we've been noticing lots of creaking and groaning with "Beast" especially with turns, but any shift or bump seems to make it worse.

We took it for a follow-up with the shop, and they examined it and said this was normal..once a truck was lifted past 4 inches it gets noisy and after awhile, you stop noticing it. This is our first lifted truck so we have a lot to learn, but the noises are making me nervous and we will probably take it in again for a second opinion once the shop reopens.

Any ideas?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had my 6" lift for 2-1/2 years and mine doesn't make any noises. You definitely have something going on. Did you take it to the dealer or the 4x4 shop?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, if there is noise then something is wrong. It should be silent.

OP
OP
BeastMom

BeastMom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi Etorque
Yes, we took it to the 4 Wheel Specialty shop that did the lift and a technician said this was normal, but it doesn't sound normal IMO. When the weight of the truck shifts, it sounds like metal bending, not horribly loud, but noticeable. The Specialty shop is now temporarily closed, but the dealership is open so we're thinking of making an appointment there.

We have no friends or family with lifted trucks so no one with experience to ask, so thanks for replies!

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Poly bushings often make noise if assemble dry.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yup, sounds like bushings, mine is lifted and no noises.