Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have a Bayou Goat Mount, if fits perfectly
But i needed more height, so i went to a metal sales company & bought a piece of scrap, i shaped it to the same as the mount & i bought 4 magnets at HD.
I am building this for my Truckers Navigation & built in dash cam

wt3Nxs.jpg

BcJEIZ.jpg

goggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Yeaseu 2980, wired to the battery, fuses on + and -. Mic clips nicely on the sunglasses pocket up top. I run mostly 2 meter out here, simplex. We have a good amount of repeaters, most of the 440 frequencies are linked to the 2 meter's, so I have no need for 440 in my truck.
I used the factory mount, I look for options online for a long time but in the end I went with what was given.
My antenna works great were it is, uneven ground plane so to speak but no issues so I run what I brung..:)

View attachment 248259

View attachment 248260
I like that antenna setup you have, how well are you getting out with that antenna in relation to hitting local and some DX repeaters, Im going to be getting a 2023 limited longhorn and I really dont feel like drilling any holes anywhere, I will be installing a Icom 5100 that I currently use as a base station, I can place that head anywhere, the truck will have the 12" screen so Im assuming Ill mout the head in that area just above it, Ill be using the radio mostly for 2m, I really dont get on 440 much and I have no inclination of throwing an HF radio in, I have a fully equipped HF station at home where I prefer to use HF, but each do their own. Have you noticed any voltage drops at high power or any type of rf interference, the new trucks are just a mecca of electronics installed, I never bothered putting a radio in my 07 Ram. My 5100 also has a bluetooth module installed, Im wondering if its going to pair with the truck radio so I can listen to the 5100 through the speakers, this could get touchy.

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
I know almost nothing about radios, but I always thought this mount was slick as snot. But they sure do price it like it is too. What do you all say? What's wrong with this mount (aside from the ridiculous price)?

Antenna_mount.png

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
I know almost nothing about radios, but I always thought this mount was slick as snot. But they sure do price it like it is too. What do you all say? What's wrong with this mount (aside from the ridiculous price)?

View attachment 508166

Curious if the frame is plastic or metal. Depending on the length of the antenna, it may cause a lot of stress on the antenna base and break? I do love the product idea

zrock

Reaction score
that would just create another leak over time with the antenna moving