Crew Cab almost has fold down back seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Back story:

I had a 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab and it had a fold up or fold down back seat. It was awesome when folded down there was so much space. I then modded my 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab to have the sorda fold down back seat. Used it a few times, but technically was less space and not as good as the Frontier. I now have a 2019 5th gen Ram 1500 Crew Cab so I decided to look around to see what the options are.

To the point:

Everything is there on the new crew cabs for fold down back seats. There is a quick release cable behind the seat sorda hidden. You can see it better if you recline the seats fully and look behind them with the rear center console folded down. They have some weirdness with the back fabric to create some separation between the rear floor and rear area that don't allow the seat to really fold down. It is dark so I didn't get to figure out how to unhook it. There is even valuable space back there for those of us who don't have etorque.

I did search for this and found a thread or two that mentioned the 5th gen had this in response to somebody else buried in the middle of a bunch of 4th gen or probably quad cab answers, but I'm excited to see what some people on the forum do with this info.

W6zpnBWshbH1sz?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

kKc6nzAaGbSyHV?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

HDy79fb1rp-h11?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

aIuCAPFODGC1ak?width=768&height=1024&cropmode=none.jpg

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have to have the reclining rear seat option to have this release cable. I don't have the rear recliners so I can't do that. Not that it matters much as there's virtually no usable space back there anyway. That was one of my favorite features on my Titans; I kept a bunch of my tools behind the seat, my coveralls, etc. The rear seat configuration in the Titan was fantastic.

OP
OP
M

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to have the reclining rear seat option to have this release cable. I don't have the rear recliners so I can't do that. Not that it matters much as there's virtually no usable space back there anyway. That was one of my favorite features on my Titans; I kept a bunch of my tools behind the seat, my coveralls, etc. The rear seat configuration in the Titan was fantastic.

I just looked at some videos online of the Titan seats. They are just like the Frontier seats. Which are the best seats ever. I really wanted the new Titan until they released the new Titan.

I didn't realize the reclining seat was minimum Laramie Level 1. That severely limits the community base since Big Horn represents a very large chunk of the sales. Also makes me sad because they are amazing to sit in. Seems like a lot of work to design two different seats that look the same when they could have just used the same seat backs have different bases and swapped out the rails for a fixed mount.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I am going to check and see of my 2021 Laramie rear seats have this release. I know they don't have the same center console, just a 60/40 rear seat with the 60 on the passenger side.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am going to check and see of my 2021 Laramie rear seats have this release. I know they don't have the same center console, just a 60/40 rear seat with the 60 on the passenger side.
If your Laramie has reclining rear seats you'll have this release. The 2020 Laramie I used to own had reclining rear seats. They came as part of the Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group. That option is now known as the Laramie Level A Equipment Group. Reclining rear seats also come with the Laramie Level 2/B Equipment Group.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If your Laramie has reclining rear seats you'll have this release. The 2020 Laramie I used to own had reclining rear seats. They came as part of the Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group. That option is now known as the Laramie Level A Equipment Group. Reclining rear seats also come with the Laramie Level 2/B Equipment Group.
Turns out it has the center console. Passenger side under seat is occupied by woofer and amp, and there does not seem to be any recline feature despite having the Laramie B package, no A available when I ordered due to chip shortage for blind spot and cross path. Also, none for adaptive cruise, just regular cruise.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Turns out it has the center console. Passenger side under seat is occupied by woofer and amp, and there does not seem to be any recline feature despite having the Laramie B package, no A available when I ordered due to chip shortage for blind spot and cross path. Also, none for adaptive cruise, just regular cruise.
The release for the seat recliner is under the front of the seat cushion. There is one on each side, no release for the center seat. Have you felt under there to see if there is a release? I haven't heard anything about reclining rear seats being removed from Laramie Equipment Group B for Crew Cabs.

It looks like you have a HD in looking at your avatar. What I posted before is for the 5th gen Ram 1500. I have no idea about interior configurations on HD models since they seem to be a combination of 4th and 5th gen components.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963