Crew Cab Classic made in Saltillo, Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kart20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought new Ram Classics Crew Cabs were being made in Warren, Michigan. Maybe some are. But I just got the VIN on the truck I ordered and I'll be darned if it wasn't made in Mexico!

Word on the street was that only HD versions and single cab Classics were made in Saltillo. I guess that's not true.

My truck is status KZLD - released but in shipping delay. I'm starting to get a little eager for it to arrive at the dealership.

2021 Ram Crew Cab Classic Tradesman 4X4
short bed
5.7 Hemi, LSD
tow hooks, skid plates
chrome bumpers, cloth seats, carpet floors
LT A/T tires.
Olive Green Pearl Coat

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
My RC 2011 was made there, rumor has it they have a better paint process :)

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The have built the 4-door versions in Mexico also, just depends on what vehicle has the biggest demand and which assembly line has available production time. With a screwy as things are nowadays, any vehicle manufacturer will build what they can wherever they can.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My '17 was made there, no issues. With 4th gens, the ones made there have the sharkfin antenna on the front drivers side, Michigan is in the rear.

UnionFitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my VIN yesterday too! Very exciting. My status is D1 which looks like it’s in line to be built. How do you know what plant it’s being built at and can we stay updated on the status from a website or something? The guy just told me he’d call me every once in awhile to update me.

2021 Ram 1500 Tradesman
Crew cab 6’4” bed
5.7 with the 8spd, LSD 3.92
Off-road package, chrome plus, electronics group, interior cold weather package and tow group. When you build it online it shows fog lights on it with the off-road/chrome plus packages but I can’t find the fog lights anywhere in the descriptions and the manager has no idea. I really hope it has em.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I got my VIN yesterday too! Very exciting. My status is D1 which looks like it’s in line to be built. How do you know what plant it’s being built at and can we stay updated on the status from a website or something?
If your VIN starts with a 1 it will be built in Michigan, if it starts with a 3 then it's Mexico.
Classics(Gen4 DS) are built at Warren Truck, the Gen5 DT bodies are built at SHAP
Even though production has been slowed due to recent part shortages, the summer shutdowns(1-2 weeks) at the Michigan plants are coming up in July.

UnionFitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks crash68. Looks like mine is being built in Michigan. Well the shutdowns are going to suck for all parties involved.