Crew Cab rear seats in quad cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I recently bought a completely interior ram rebel set. Only the rear seats are only made for crew cabs....what do you do if you have a quad cab? This.

Tools needed:
Cutoff tool
Various sockets(mostly just 18)
Air tools(not necessary but wayyy easier)

Step one-
Rip that old seat out. For me it was a bench seat. Watch your trim pieces I scratched mine every time I took it out.

Step two-
Either remove one of the brackets on your original seat and hold it up to the new brackets to get measurements or follow my measurements

Step three-
Cut off about 2 3/4" off the back end of the bracket. Don't be afraid to cut off a little more.
20160712_194515.jpg

It should look like this when done
20160712_172628.jpg

Step four-
Use your cutoff tool and cut from the bottom of the remain partial bolt hole. Go about an inch further down. Same width as the bolt hole. (forgot to grab a pick of that)

Step five-
If you are going from a bench seat to a 60/40 like me you will need to find the partially cut out carpet and cut it completely out. Then pull off the tape.
20160712_190822.jpg

Step six-
The 60/40 uses the two center seat belt bolts to hold it down. You want to put the two rear bolts partially in. The way the rear bolt hole(now more like a bolt slot) It will slide right onto the bolt. Go ahead and add washers if you want to do that little mod.
20160712_190832.jpg

Step seven-
Put all the bolts in and tighten them

Finished project:
20160712_192527.jpg
20160712_192522.jpg

Take aways and tips:
Get 2 more bolts for the seat. I had to go to ace hardware since my dealer did not have them in stock.
Use gloves..don't ask how i know but my hand are a little cut up now
Use proper safety glasses when using your cutoff tool...again don't ask how i know.
You will loose about 2 inches of leg room, but hey you can have rebel seats.

Feel free to ask any questions!

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking seats!
Tight fit though is that with the front seats all the way to the front?

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice looking seats!
Tight fit though is that with the front seats all the way to the front?

driver seat is in my normal driving position. I could sit in the rear seat with 3 inches in front of me. Im 5'7"

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
driver seat is in my normal driving position. I could sit in the rear seat with 3 inches in front of me. Im 5'7"

Looks good Kris. Just to double check, normal people can't fit in the back seat then, right? :love51:

I own a quad cab because I never put people back there, that's where the sound system goes so losing leg room wouldn't be an issue for me.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Looks good Kris. Just to double check, normal people can't fit in the back seat then, right? :love51:

I own a quad cab because I never put people back there, that's where the sound system goes so losing leg room wouldn't be an issue for me.

Thanks!

hahaha don't worry its not fun for normal people to fit back there still!

I somehow managed to make my amp stop working so now i need to figure that one out.

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is the back part of the back seat still pretty straight and uncomfortable like your original? Crew cab backseats are comfortable, my quad cab is not. I assume you did the front seats as well so my second question how long do you think it took to just remove the two front seats and the bench rear seat?

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is the back part of the back seat still pretty straight and uncomfortable like your original? Crew cab backseats are comfortable, my quad cab is not. I assume you did the front seats as well so my second question how long do you think it took to just remove the two front seats and the bench rear seat?

they might be a little more angled but they are still pretty straight and uncomfortable, just how it is.

I didn't do the fronts yet since im waiting for some mounting brackets for my center console. Removing all the seats would take 20 minutes with air tools. Just ratchets....quite awhile

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't realize the quad cabs had that much room. Nice mod!

crombienator

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stupid question. Where did you get a whole new rebel interior?

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
**Bringing Back from the dead**

If you have a quad cab 60/40 split and want to just replace the upper part of the seat so you can get the pull out cup holders. Is that possible?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I have done this also with the quad brackets,took it out after 6 months,the back of the seat is too straight,very uncomfortable and headrests have to go if you want someone to sit there as they tilt too much towards the front,I put a leather seat out of a 2012 ram laramie quad into mine after,perfect.You can actually see the angle your back would be at in photos posted.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have the 2016 Quad cab
I am 5' 8"
The front seat headrests hit the back of my head the wrong way
So i reversed them
I heard that some of the newer head rests are adjustable & if i see a pair that are adjustable so that i can change the tilt & the poles are the correct distance apart.
I will make the change

Because i use my Ram as a working transportation business, i need to be able to see out of every window, so i took off the 3 rear seat rests.
No one ever sits in the rear seats
My Fold Flat Floor is always being used for maps, hard hats, large first aid kit, cleaning gear, safety gear, Stop/Slow Paddles, etc.

9xeeHY.jpg

Lp4m7D.jpg

Last edited:

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Asking a question can u go the other way and install quad seats in a crew and use ur old crew brackets to bolt them down