Crown 4" lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone using the crown 4" rear drop springs on a 4/6 drop, if so how much did you have to cut off the coil and how is the ride compared to belltech springs
Thanks David

Colvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
All I can say is, my 2/4 netted me 2/4. Ride is good but can't compare, just firmer.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jedeisurf

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I can say is, my 2/4 netted me 2/4. Ride is good but can't compare, just firmer.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thanks Colvin for the reply I was beginning to think no one uses crown rear lowering springs you told me just what I wanted to know.
Thanks David

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
There's another thread where the Crown 1" front drop only netted them .5" front drop, even after a 500 mile road trip...

I have been trying to get a hold of them to ask about the 3" drop front springs... no answer to phone calls / email or FB Message ….

I am trying to put together a 3/5 drop and want to run Timber Grove CRM rear bags that replace the springs … there are a couple member here running them (the blue CC on the website)

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/0920-ram-1500-crm

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm also very curious about the Timber Grove rear bags, not many people run them? Do they replace the springs or run with them? So Im assuming they are adjustable down to 6" lowering? How much does it lower, from what to what?

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I'm also very curious about the Timber Grove rear bags, not many people run them? Do they replace the springs or run with them? So Im assuming they are adjustable down to 6" lowering? How much does it lower, from what to what?

They have 2 versions... One is addition to the springs and will help with towing and heavy loads and mounts to where the rear bump stop is located. The CRM stands for "Coil Replacement Mount" and takes place of your factory rear coil springs. They offer the kits in a stock height, a 4" drop and a 6" drop. I emailed the owner and he said he could fab a bracket for a 5" drop. The bag is the same in all the applications, its the height of the mounting bracket that changes. You may get and inch of change up or down depending on how much air you have in the bag. Bags have a usable working height, too much air and its a bounce house, too little and it bottoms out and maybe tears the bag...

Look at the bottom bracket in al the pics...

TG CRM.JPG

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They have 2 versions... One is addition to the springs and will help with towing and heavy loads and mounts to where the rear bump stop is located. The CRM stands for "Coil Replacement Mount" and takes place of your factory rear coil springs. They offer the kits in a stock height, a 4" drop and a 6" drop. I emailed the owner and he said he could fab a bracket for a 5" drop. The bag is the same in all the applications, its the height of the mounting bracket that changes. You may get and inch of change up or down depending on how much air you have in the bag. Bags have a usable working height, too much air and its a bounce house, too little and it bottoms out and maybe tears the bag...

Look at the bottom bracket in al the pics...

View attachment 209192
Great info. Thanks. I'm also looking for a 3/5 drop so definitely interested if he can make for a 5" rear drop. So my last question is, is the height at 5" lowered the ideal setting for how much air is in the bags? Or is it at 5" when all the air is released from the bags?? Maybe I need to the owner with these questions

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Great info. Thanks. I'm also looking for a 3/5 drop so definitely interested if he can make for a 5" rear drop. So my last question is, is the height at 5" lowered the ideal setting for how much air is in the bags? Or is it at 5" when all the air is released from the bags?? Maybe I need to the owner with these questions

It would be at the ideal height with correct pressure. If you were going to tow a trailer, you could add some air but by design I believe there are limits to what PSI you can run... I would highly suggest talking to Steve the owner at Timber Grove.

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's another thread where the Crown 1" front drop only netted them .5" front drop, even after a 500 mile road trip...

I have been trying to get a hold of them to ask about the 3" drop front springs... no answer to phone calls / email or FB Message ….

I am trying to put together a 3/5 drop and want to run Timber Grove CRM rear bags that replace the springs … there are a couple member here running them (the blue CC on the website)

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/0920-ram-1500-crm
I’ve tried contacting them multiple times. They never repsond. A couple of the shops I know about say that they highly don’t recommend. They don’t care about there customers. And that the quality ain’t good. That’s why I never went with them.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I’ve tried contacting them multiple times. They never repsond. A couple of the shops I know about say that they highly don’t recommend. They don’t care about there customers. And that the quality ain’t good. That’s why I never went with them.

That is sad because they are the only ones making a 3" drop front spring… which I really want without cutting ….

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Does anybody have any more feedback on the Crown springs? I'm looking at putting together a 2/4 kit for my 2015 RCSB 2wd and the springs seem well made. The prices on their website are really nice ($126 front, $140 rear) but the shipping quote I got was over $110! I know 4 coil springs are pretty heavy but the total price makes it more than I can get some of the more popular 2/4 kits for.

OP
OP
jedeisurf

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody have any more feedback on the Crown springs? I'm looking at putting together a 2/4 kit for my 2015 RCSB 2wd and the springs seem well made. The prices on their website are really nice ($126 front, $140 rear) but the shipping quote I got was over $110! I know 4 coil springs are pretty heavy but the total price makes it more than I can get some of the more popular 2/4 kits for.

If you only want a 2/4 drop the crown rear springs are firm but ride very nice, much nicer that the BT springs.