Cummins Fuel Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i did not know who Rick Flare is , never heard the name
I have not watched wrestling, boxing, or martial arts, since
Ricky Star & Argentina Rocka used to jump off the ropes

Ice T i have heard of, but can't place him
Just looked him up, tv show from long ago, Law & Order

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i did not know who Rick Flare is , never heard the name
I have not watched wrestling, boxing, or martial arts, since
Ricky Star & Argentina Rocka used to jump off the ropes

Ice T i have heard of, but can't place him
Just looked him up, tv show from long ago, Law & Order
ICE T started out as a Rapper, kinda like R U N DMC. He has been on Law & Order for over 20 years now, great fit for the show...

Last edited:

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Stay with Mopar or Fleetguard fuel filters. They don't cost much more than the after market brands. This is especially true while under warranty. Carry spare fuel filters and tools when you travel.

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
CarSheild, really. Did you take a look at the company, or see the customer's YouTube video rants or even better, the YouTube videos from service shops and owners? Get your money back if you can.
What is so bad about Car Shield? According to CarShield reviews on this site there are some happy customers as well. Just curious to hear from the people who really used it and who can compare it with the other similar companies.

Last edited:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Please tell us what problems you personally suffered to make you stop using Fram filters. Not just anecdotal, second hand info from your friends brothers sisters uncle or worse just something you read about on the internet forums.
From the couple of test I saw on the internet Wix & Fram synthetic media filters are the best for the money. Now the bottom of the line paper media Fram filters are junk. Those are the ones giving people all of the problems.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Please tell us what problems you personally suffered to make you stop using Fram filters. Not just anecdotal, second hand info from your friends brothers sisters uncle or worse just something you read about on the internet forums.
1980's my 1969 Firebird 350 V8. Oil and filter change with Fram oil filter. Oil pressure 1/2 of normal. Checked with gauges and still low. Replaced with AC/Delco and problem solved. In 2020, wife's Hyundai new Fram air filter. 2000 miles later engine light comes on and loss of power. Turns out filter media came unglued and was stuck in the outlet of the filter box. Wouldn't put a Fram on my worst enemies lawn mower.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am late to this party but wanted to say a couple things.

First: Fleetguard and Mopar fuel filter by the engine are the best I have found rating wise and they are literally the same filter as the Mopar one is just the Fleetguard in different box. I had injectors fail and truly think using Napa filters contributed to it. I bought my truck used and no way to know for sure but that aftermarket filter is completely different design and not rated for 3 micron from what I can tell. It was a wix from Napa when I bought and I think previous owner used them all the time. Injectors failed around 180,000 which isn’t terrible and there may have been other factors.

Second: The rear filter with water separator is Parker/ Racor I believe so when you get a mopar one it might be different rating than a Fleetguard in back. I use Mopar ones most of the time but have been looking at Fleetguard for that spot too.

Lastly: Watch out for fake/ counterfeit units online. I bought an oil, Fuel, fuel-water set on Amazon from Woot and got counterfeit set which I returned. It is very important to get legit Mopar or Fleetguard as the Chinese knockoffs are pretty tricky at looking legit. I do believe the real Fleetguard is always USA or MEXICO not China. Pretty easy to spot fake when it says “Fleelguard” instead of Fleetguard. The water separator is harder to tell but left is legit and right is knock off. I got that picture from someone else as I didn’t have a side by side at the time. I don’t know how to tell on the oil filter as I don’t use Mopar ones only the LF16035 which is the stratopore one.

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6221.png
    IMG_6221.png
    477.5 KB · Views: 10

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I am late to this party but wanted to say a couple things.

First: Fleetguard and Mopar fuel filter by the engine are the best I have found rating wise and they are literally the same filter as the Mopar one is just the Fleetguard in different box. I had injectors fail and truly think using Napa filters contributed to it. I bought my truck used and no way to know for sure but that aftermarket filter is completely different design and not rated for 3 micron from what I can tell. It was a wix from Napa when I bought and I think previous owner used them all the time. Injectors failed around 180,000 which isn’t terrible and there may have been other factors.

Second: The rear filter with water separator is Parker/ Racor I believe so when you get a mopar one it might be different rating than a Fleetguard in back. I use Mopar ones most of the time but have been looking at Fleetguard for that spot too.

Lastly: Watch out for fake/ counterfeit units online. I bought an oil, Fuel, fuel-water set on Amazon from Woot and got counterfeit set which I returned. It is very important to get legit Mopar or Fleetguard as the Chinese knockoffs are pretty tricky at looking legit. I do believe the real Fleetguard is always USA or MEXICO not China. Pretty easy to spot fake when it says “Fleelguard” instead of Fleetguard. The water separator is harder to tell but left is legit and right is knock off. I got that picture from someone else as I didn’t have a side by side at the time. I don’t know how to tell on the oil filter as I don’t use Mopar ones only the LF16035 which is the stratopore one.

On the filter you say spells Fleelguard, I have to ask did you use a magnifying glass to be sure that what you thought was and L was really an L and not a small printed T? I looked at my Fleetguard 53000 and being its still wrapped in plastic I had to get a magnifying glass to be sure if it was an l or a t, in reality with the magnifier I could see that its a small printed t that to the naked eye looks like an small L.....

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I've made multiple posts about the counterfeit rear fuel filter and how to find the differences. Everyone we were able send back and were bought off Amazon. One seller questioned it and I believe he didn't know he was reselling fakes.
Alot of them are detected by the fonts being slightly off. I used the above Fleelgaurd photo and a known real one.
Suspect fake below
Screenshot_20231231_185744_Chrome.jpg

Authentic below
Screenshot_20231231_185708_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've made multiple posts about the counterfeit rear fuel filter and how to find the differences. Everyone we were able send back and were bought off Amazon. One seller questioned it and I believe he didn't know he was reselling fakes.
Alot of them are detected by the fonts being slightly off. I used the above Fleelgaurd photo and a known real one.

View attachment 534446
View attachment 534445
Thank you! My hunch was fake but is didn’t have another on hand as it was already in my pickup. I usually keep a set on hand incase and keep them with my pickup in the event I need them on the road. I saw this when I opened it and thought this has to be fake. Looked online and saw a lot of people saying fake but didn’t see a real one to compare. Thanks again!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On the filter you say spells Fleelguard, I have to ask did you use a magnifying glass to be sure that what you thought was and L was really an L and not a small printed T? I looked at my Fleetguard 53000 and being its still wrapped in plastic I had to get a magnifying glass to be sure if it was an l or a t, in reality with the magnifier I could see that its a small printed t that to the naked eye looks like an small L.....
I know it is fake it just has to be. The writing where it says “Turbo Diese” isn’t on real ones.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I know it is fake it just has to be. The writing where it says “Turbo Diese” isn’t on real ones.
I again have to ask did you use a magnifying glass/loop when looking? The reason I ask is I have one where the letter L in diesel is tattooed on the cap top of the the injected molded words on the cap top, other that the L being tattooed in the wrong spot on the cap that could of happened from it being misloaded into the machine is identical to another FS53000 filter I have on hand... But to be safe I will be calling Fleetguard on Tuesdays asking questions about it....

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I again have to ask did you use a magnifying glass/loop when looking? The reason I ask is I have one where the letter L in diesel is tattooed on the cap top of the the injected molded words on the cap top, other that the L being tattooed in the wrong spot on the cap that could of happened from it being misloaded into the machine is identical to another FS53000 filter I have on hand... But to be safe I will be calling Fleetguard on Tuesdays asking questions about it....
I don’t have one to inspect now. I sent it back. Do you see all the other writing on yours? Put up a picture would love to compare.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I don’t have one to inspect now. I sent it back. Do you see all the other writing on yours? Put up a picture would love to compare.
I have tried to get good photo for you all, but I will to take it out of the wrapper to get you great photos, the photos I post below are the best I can do... I was surprised how hard it was to take photos of the filter top with the cellophane wrap still on. As you can see the first 2 photos the tattooed letters run into the molded words for "patents pending" in the photos for my other FS53000 filter it does not because the top was rotated slightly so all the tattooed letters show up, this is my guess at this times based on the difference between the 2 filters... BTW like I said above I will be calling Fleetguard tomorrow asking questions about this.....

Attachments

• DSC05235.JPG
    DSC05235.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC05236.JPG
    DSC05236.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC05243.JPG
    DSC05243.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC05247.JPG
    DSC05247.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC05251.JPG
    DSC05251.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 7

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have tried to get good photo for you all, but I will to take it out of the wrapper to get you great photos, the photos I post below are the best I can do... I was surprised how hard it was to take photos of the filter top with the cellophane wrap still on. As you can see the first 2 photos the tattooed letters run into the molded words for "patents pending" in the photos for my other FS53000 filter it does not because the top was rotated slightly so all the tattooed letters show up, this is my guess at this times based on the difference between the 2 filters... BTW like I said above I will be calling Fleetguard tomorrow asking questions about this.....
Looks like you got a fake too. Real ones don’t have the extra stuff on there like “6.7L Cummins” and “Turbo Diesel” as far as I remember. I hope I am wrong.

At least yours is spelled out fully. Mine is missing the “l”.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Well yours atleast looks like a " T " to me. Plus look at the " g " in comparison to the fake in my post #49.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Looks like you got a fake too. Real ones don’t have the extra stuff on there like “6.7L Cummins” and “Turbo Diesel” as far as I remember. I hope I am wrong.

At least yours is spelled out fully. Mine is missing the “l”.
I took another look at the photo you posted and noticed its tattooed with a Mopar part number not a Fleetguard part number so it makes it a bit harder to compare to the Fleetguard I have that you say is questionable out side of the fleelguard, but I will still make the call tomorrow to be safe...

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well yours atleast looks like a " T " to me. Plus look at the " g " in comparison to the fake in my post #49.
I took a few photos of the questionable filter so you can compare it to the photo you posted above, will post your fist then 2 phots of mine. That cellophane sure does make it hard to take photos as it reflect light that my camera hates... Edit just found a way to enlarge an crop the photo to make it easier to compare my photo to yours

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_185708_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_185708_Chrome.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05260.JPG
    DSC05260.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05261.JPG
    DSC05261.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 8
  • cropped filter.JPG
    cropped filter.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think yours is legit. It makes sense to why they wrote that on the newer ones. The unit I posted is indeed a Mopar boxed one. My truck currently has a Fleetguard boxed one which I haven’t wanted to open up housing to see how it looked. I might just go up to the dealer to get one to be safe and compare.