Current Chevy owner but like the Ram. Convince me :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a friend with a 2015 Silverado, with relatively low miles, he already had to replace the 5.3L rocker arms and now the truck is all rotted out. He WAS a lifelong GM guy and says he is now done with GM / Chevy / GMC.

After seeing how trouble and rust-free my 2015 Ram 1500 was, he says he is switching to Ram. Here is my 2015 Ram 1500 after 6 Upstate New York winters:

IMG_1514.jpg

Granted, I did wax it annually as well as an annual Krown rust proofing application.

Last edited:

StanR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A good friend of mine has had gm products his whole life 40 years, he got a 2021 5500 ram for a work, and now want to get a ram 1500 ,for a daily driver,I never thought he would ever switch, his dad also had gm,l would watch these guys with their GMs in the shop all the time and just shake my head,l never had any thing major wrong with my dodges or fords, l pushing 70 years young, never engine or trans trouble, water pump , ball joints at 180000 miles,that's the worst things

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just my 2 cents worth, haven been driving since the mid 70's, have had all 3 us brands and a cpl non, owned one nissan titan wont go back ever. i have had great gm's and ones that gave me problems, have had 2-3 great fords and a cpl i wanted to burn to the ground. have owned 2 dodges, a 1981 1/2 ton that was my dad go to town truck, it had 250 ish k miles one it when my youngest son got t-boned and bent the frame. had the original 318 in it. then in 2012 i bought my ram 1500 outdoorsman 4x4 5.7 she has 180k on her right now, i did replace the hemi at 155k miles due to the cam/lifter problem, im currently considering replacing her but only because wife is wanting to get travel trailer to see some of the country post retirement. It will be with a ram 2500, 4x4, 6.4, only consideration is which package to go with.

Good Luck with your choice, there are good trucks in all breeds as well as monday trucks built after a 3 day weekend in all. Dodge for me imho has the best reputation for me.

troy

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All trucks are great when they work and suck when they don't. Half tons are light duty and not really meant for everyday heavy hauling . I just got rid of my Ram 3500 diesel because it wasn't practical to keep it . Unreal for towing and working , but as a grocery getter no so much . Got a new 2022 Ram classic Warlock and much more practical for me . Can't tow my 5th wheel so thinking about downsizing it to a travel trailer 26 to 28 feet 7500 lb range . Only tow twice a year down south for winter and back in spring about 1200 miles each way .
If your going to tow with a half ton watch your axle ratios . Ram's standard axle is a 3:21 which is limited to 7000 lbs max . Get a 3:92 max is 10600 which gives you a few more options and won't be always shifting gears going up a hill.