Custom Dog Protection for Rear Seat Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has found anything that fits the rear seat area for pets. I’m talking about when the flat floor is being used. we camp a lot and the dogs get dirty.I’m thinking about custom making one if I can’t find it. Everything is too small.

Thanks for any insight

Joe

OP
OP
Rambojoe

Rambojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is that wide enough for the deck? I could see it working with the seats down...

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried it with the seat up - but it has two flaps at either end so it should be wide enough. it is designed to loop around the rear head rests, you could use a short cord to extend up, just to hold everything in place. One nice thing is it has a front flap that loops around the front head rest so you can use it with the seat down and the dogs wont fall into the foot well.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Bought the largest one I could find: Works as is with the seats up and straps at their longest. I would like a tad more front to back so it would sit flatter, rather than hang as a hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyRAMatDunkinDonuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I have a great solution after tons of trial and error; I'll take pics tomorrow. What you do is get a rubber backed low pile area rug at Home Depot, which, remarkably, is just about the same size as the flat area (when it gets dirty, simply pull it out, shake it, and run a standard home carpet vacuum over it). Then, buy 3 oversized bath towels (40x70). One to put over the flipped up back seat, and one to drape over each seat, 4 plastic clamps, 2 for each seat to bring the front part of the towel together with the back. Then, a small towel over the center console. Also, somewhere on Amazon are these protectors you slide into the rear windows that will cover the interior of your rear doors. When not in use, simply slide the towels off the front seats and let them drop behind the seat, then simply slide them over again when you need them.

I've tried a ton of those sling type protectors, they're all limited and they don't cover nearly the areas that need to be covered, the towels will, and simply toss them in the wash every week or so. I have a German Shepherd that drools a ton in the summer and goes swimming on occasion, and this method works great.

Edit: I found a pic.. Eventually I bought matching off-white towels so it also matches the interior.IMG_4492.jpg IMG_4492.jpg

Last edited:

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has found anything that fits the rear seat area for pets. I’m talking about when the flat floor is being used. we camp a lot and the dogs get dirty.I’m thinking about custom making one if I can’t find it. Everything is too small.

Thanks for any insight

Joe

Don’t forget the center console protection. Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the extra large BarksBar one from Amazon. Functionally, it's great. Wish it was a little wider...maybe only a few inches. From front to back it's fine. It's also $40 which is decent.

Can still get hair on the side/headrests of the front seats so either find covers for those areas or just deal with the 95% solution.