Customer Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good afternoon folks. I am currently wondering if anyone has a problem getting someone from Ram Customer Service to return calls about an open case? I have a case from last Monday that I have yet to have either of the two assigned case managers call me back even once in 13 days. The only contact with them is with the several times I have called them to check on the status myself. The reason I even got them involved is because as of today the local dealer has had my 2018 Ram 2500 w/Cummins 23 days trying to figure out what part is bad. I was having a problem with the fuel system. The truck was acting like it was fuel starved and stalling until it finally died and I had to have it flat bedded to the dealer here in town. It seems they don’t stock any parts in house. I first had to wait for them to get the lifter pump in which I paid a $50 rush fee for. Once they replaced that, they then decided that the high pressure fuel pump was the culprit and had to wait for that to come in. They then realized they hadn’t ordered the hoses and a couple other things. When those parts arrived, they said that they needed to order the throttle plate which was another 6 days. Once that was installed they said it was the high pressure pump again because they never installed it the first time. I am now being told that they are waiting on authorization from RAM to install it under the 5 year 100000 mile power train warranty. The truck has 37000 or do miles on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I ended up having to cancel my first camping trip of the year that I booked 9 months ago because my wife’s Rogue couldn’t pull my 12000 lb fifth wheel. I am basically just venting here because it seems RAM and the dealer don’t care. Thanks for your time.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Sorry to hear about the issues. Any interaction I’ve had with FCA has been positive and promptly from Corporate.

Nowadays seems like every business has suffered from Customer Service, and competency or lack of it.

Hopefully They have you hooked up with a loaner ‘Ram’ for your inconvenience as well. If not, then that’s definitely something to address. 2-3 days fine……. 23+???? Not ok.

Keep us posted on the progress :waytogo:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I mentioned this in a post earlier in the week. You can also take your discussion to Twitter and get some more direct interactions with their Social Networking team. They do care a lot about just how important online brand reputation goes. Start public, then they ask you to go private And discuss 1:1.

OP
OP
Bearman

Bearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No offer for a loaner, I did ask for one so I could take my fifth wheel out last week and was told they had just sold their only loaner truck but even if they had one their insurance didn’t alow them to let them be used for towing. If it goes on (I finally got to talk to a case manager late yesterday) the case manager at FCA said he would see about getting me a loaner truck. He also said he would get me reimbursed for the towing bill and the $50.00 rush fee for the first part they had to order in, so things are looking up. The tech working on it is working with a RAM engineer to assist him in trouble shooting the repair. Fingers crossed!!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Good afternoon folks. I am currently wondering if anyone has a problem getting someone from Ram Customer Service to return calls about an open case? I have a case from last Monday that I have yet to have either of the two assigned case managers call me back even once in 13 days. The only contact with them is with the several times I have called them to check on the status myself. The reason I even got them involved is because as of today the local dealer has had my 2018 Ram 2500 w/Cummins 23 days trying to figure out what part is bad. I was having a problem with the fuel system. The truck was acting like it was fuel starved and stalling until it finally died and I had to have it flat bedded to the dealer here in town. It seems they don’t stock any parts in house. I first had to wait for them to get the lifter pump in which I paid a $50 rush fee for. Once they replaced that, they then decided that the high pressure fuel pump was the culprit and had to wait for that to come in. They then realized they hadn’t ordered the hoses and a couple other things. When those parts arrived, they said that they needed to order the throttle plate which was another 6 days. Once that was installed they said it was the high pressure pump again because they never installed it the first time. I am now being told that they are waiting on authorization from RAM to install it under the 5 year 100000 mile power train warranty. The truck has 37000 or do miles on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I ended up having to cancel my first camping trip of the year that I booked 9 months ago because my wife’s Rogue couldn’t pull my 12000 lb fifth wheel. I am basically just venting here because it seems RAM and the dealer don’t care. Thanks for your time.
Greetings,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please follow up with me via PM at your earliest convenience with your case number or VIN. This information is private and is the reason we recommend providing them through Direct Message.

Rob
Ram Cares
Let's see if @RamCares can help.
Thank you for the tag!

OP
OP
Bearman

Bearman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Rob, I think after yesterday’s conversation with Nate I am good. If I am still frustrated Monday afternoon I will follow up with you.