Customer service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zaraspook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2016 Ram Sport had an Oil leak. It showed up as I inspected the under carriage because of rattles. I followed it up to the intake manifold. Took in in to local Vanvouver dealer they tried to tell me it was the valve cover gasket and said they fixed it. First off I have Drag Raced for 22 years although I am retired from it I have extensive knowledge about most things Automotive. I tried 2 times to show the mech where it was but was not allowed to speak with a Mech. I took it to another dealer and explained the problems to them, this time emphasizing my knowledge in a nice way. They set up an aPPT. At that appt the confirmed it was an intake manifold crack. they set up another appt. In the meantime the service writer emailed me and said there were 300 manifolds of back order throughout the country. I called my extended warranty # and talked to a rep who said he would call back. 1 hour later he called back and said its on the way to the Gresham dealer. I called them and notified them and in a few hours they scheduled me ina an fixed. So what this boils down to is ALL Dealers that did not sell you the truck will try their best NOT to do your warranty to the point of lieing to you at all levels. The Vancouver Service mgr would NOT meet with me. Then they tried to sell me a new truck to which I said I would not do that because of their Service Dept. and 2 different sales people form the vancouver told me "Just take it to another deaoler for service"" can you believe that??

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Customer service plays a huge role in who I chose to do business with. My local CDJR dealership is a small town business. They know the value of word of mouth, especially in a small market. And they do their best to keep people coming back by supplying excellent (relative to car dealerships) customer service.

Why can't car companies realize the value of great customer care? The company I work for places a 10 year warranty on the products we produce. But we've never enforced that on anything we've had come back for repair, even if the warranty expired 10 years prior. Some of our products have been in service for over 30 years. Our customers are fiercely loyal because of that excellent customer service.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My 2016 Ram Sport had an Oil leak. It showed up as I inspected the under carriage because of rattles. I followed it up to the intake manifold. Took in in to local Vanvouver dealer they tried to tell me it was the valve cover gasket and said they fixed it. First off I have Drag Raced for 22 years although I am retired from it I have extensive knowledge about most things Automotive. I tried 2 times to show the mech where it was but was not allowed to speak with a Mech. I took it to another dealer and explained the problems to them, this time emphasizing my knowledge in a nice way. They set up an aPPT. At that appt the confirmed it was an intake manifold crack. they set up another appt. In the meantime the service writer emailed me and said there were 300 manifolds of back order throughout the country. I called my extended warranty # and talked to a rep who said he would call back. 1 hour later he called back and said its on the way to the Gresham dealer. I called them and notified them and in a few hours they scheduled me ina an fixed. So what this boils down to is ALL Dealers that did not sell you the truck will try their best NOT to do your warranty to the point of lieing to you at all levels. The Vancouver Service mgr would NOT meet with me. Then they tried to sell me a new truck to which I said I would not do that because of their Service Dept. and 2 different sales people form the vancouver told me "Just take it to another deaoler for service"" can you believe that??
This sounds just like what NW Jeep in Beaverton service dept does to those who did not buy from them...

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How was the service at the Gresham dealer?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The key was you were your own strong advocate and knew when to shift gears and go a different direction to improve your outcome. Smart.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my local Ram dealer provides top notch customer service.they're a small dealer with limited inventory so their bread and butter is their service department.they only have 1 salesman and he's not very good.i tried to buy a powerwagon from him and eventually gave up and went elsewhere.

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
It's sad that this is NOT hard to believe because this type of treatment has become more the norm than the exception. There are a few good ones but in my case for example, the only one with high ratings and customer satisfaction is 90 miles away. I'm glad you got your issue taken care of, thanks to your knowledge.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01