Cut belltech rear springs. Sitting at 2/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll want Ryans/Illicits "cut" versions if you're down past 4".The easiest way I've found to install the cut versions,is to drop the diff right out.It makes getting at things that need trimming a lot easier. Doesn't hurt to run a couple weld beads on them along with the bolts,if you have access to a little mig welder.Plan on close to a day to install the brackets,they do take a bit of work to get installed.

man i miss my drop. looks good.

i dont miss that cruise ship swaying from the lower control arm geometry lol. if you don't have them already, get some LCA brackets

Most likely will be going with illicit brackets over Inez. I spoke with illicit and they told me the brackets have been reinforced. Seen a set of the Inez start splitting but from what I understand they have reinforced theirs as well.

40Cent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Just purchased the Belltech 2/4 kit & Inez "No Cut" brackets for my 4x4 Rams 1500 Night Edition from Moe's Perfromance... Other than cutting the rear springs did you have to do anything else to achieve 2/5??? Trying to decide if I should just go ahead and get the Inez kit so I can do a 3/5 or 4/6 drop...

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased the Belltech 2/4 kit & Inez "No Cut" brackets for my 4x4 Rams 1500 Night Edition from Moe's Perfromance... Other than cutting the rear springs did you have to do anything else to achieve 2/5??? Trying to decide if I should just go ahead and get the Inez kit so I can do a 3/5 or 4/6 drop...

I only cut the rears to achive a 5 inch drop in back. I have not done anything else at this time. I am looking at purchasing the Inez cut kit here soon since they are designed for a 5” or more drop. I believe the no cut kit is for 3-4” drop

40Cent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
I only cut the rears to achive a 5 inch drop in back. I have not done anything else at this time. I am looking at purchasing the Inez cut kit here soon since they are designed for a 5” or more drop. I believe the no cut kit is for 3-4” drop

Tracking all.... The way I understand it is that the Inez "no cut" brackets are designed to bring the wheel back center with the fender well & ensure the pinion angle remains straight. Just wanted to see if you had to cut anything other than the springs. I'm pretty bad with cars and with Dodge finally making a widebody Hellcat Charger- I see a new car in my future as a retirement present to myself in May 2020 after over 25yrs in the military... I want to be able to return the truck back to stock if necessary. Lol...

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tracking all.... The way I understand it is that the Inez "no cut" brackets are designed to bring the wheel back center with the fender well & ensure the pinion angle remains straight. Just wanted to see if you had to cut anything other than the springs. I'm pretty bad with cars and with Dodge finally making a widebody Hellcat Charger- I see a new car in my future as a retirement present to myself in May 2020 after over 25yrs in the military... I want to be able to return the truck back to stock if necessary. Lol...

I got ya! Yes I just cut the belltech springs. Nothing else has been cut. Them wide body’s are sweet!

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious why brackets over adjustable control arms?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just curious why brackets over adjustable control arms?

The adjustable locating arms,don't address the screwed up suspension geometery that occurs when you lower a 4th Gen.The Instant Center basically points 4 ft into the ground,so there's no chassis rise to plant the tires.The brackets bring the arms back into spec and basically turn the lower locating arm into a traction bar eliminating wheelhop the proper way.The arms will cure the wheelhop,but don't address the high speed wobble that some trucks will have after being lowered

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Thank God I don't have wobble cause I be moving fast alot......lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ramcharger60, would you mind "unplugging" your truck when you post it, that electric blue is so blinding! lol
It does stand out. This is my second vehicle this color. First was a PT Cruiser GT turbo

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk