Cut out loss performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mimble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everybody
1 year ago, i install the electric cut out valve for have more loud sound from exhaust but i think that I loss engine power
It is possible?
Thanks

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Hi everybody
1 year ago, i install the electric cut out valve for have more loud sound from exhaust but i think that I loss engine power
It is possible?
Thanks
It is possible you lost some low end torque. Dye to creating such a short path for the exhaust gases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Not only possible but it is very likely you lost low RPM torque. With such a short exhaust, you are eliminating the back pressure the engine needs for best performance. Similar to running "open headers". Loud as **** but not as fast on the street. Track cars are tuned to that, your vehicle isn't.

OP
OP
mimble

mimble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, there is a solution to have loud sound and same performance?

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
At least keep the length of piping the same. You will always lose some low end torque when removing mufflers

OP
OP
mimble

mimble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok
Well, i will close the cutout when I go normally and open it when I want more sound
Thanks

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just close it when you are driving normal for best torque, when you wanna be all noisy and such open it up! Im doing the same soon, curious if you used a kit

OP
OP
mimble

mimble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sorry
What do you mean?
Kit of what?

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Just to clear things up NO vehicle needs backpressure to run properly. Back pressure is always bad when it comes to performance, the more exhaust you can push out the better it will breathe, yes you'll lose some low end torque because you just changed the power band where your power comes up higher on the rpm band. Factories will always tune a vehicle for low rpm and city driving where low end torque is more efficient than higher rpm power.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Just to clear things up NO vehicle needs backpressure to run properly. Back pressure is always bad when it comes to performance, the more exhaust you can push out the better it will breathe, yes you'll lose some low end torque because you just changed the power band where your power comes up higher on the rpm band. Factories will always tune a vehicle for low rpm and city driving where low end torque is more efficient than higher rpm power.
This is true. But unless you have a race truck. You want SOME low end torque. Lol

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Pretty much what I wrote but thanks for clearing that up.

OP
OP
mimble

mimble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks to all
But there's nothing to do to have this sound and the same performance?