CV axle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohleder644

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve got an 05 1500 4X4 that I’m replacing the passenger cv axle on. Parts houses all show the driver and passenger being the same. The part on my truck is definitely different side to side. The one I bought matches my driver side. The passenger side seems to be attached to intermediate shaft inside the diff housing. I can’t even pull the axle out fully. I’ve found absolutely nothing on the internet that matches up with what I’ve got. Do I have a franken-truck?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve got an 05 1500 4X4 that I’m replacing the passenger cv axle on. Parts houses all show the driver and passenger being the same. The part on my truck is definitely different side to side. The one I bought matches my driver side. The passenger side seems to be attached to intermediate shaft inside the diff housing. I can’t even pull the axle out fully. I’ve found absolutely nothing on the internet that matches up with what I’ve got. Do I have a franken-truck?
The right side (passenger) cv axlemis attached to an intermediate shaft. Remove the CV axle from the intermediate shaft.

Also, both cv axles are the same for the front. If your are.notncan you post a picture?