Cylinder 2 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walt20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been chasing a misfire for about 2.5 weeks now. I’ve changed my plugs to NGK iridium, new ignition coil, new fuel injector. I’m not sure where to go from here. I have a 14 ram 1500 with the 3.6. Someone was saying the rockers and lifters for that cylinder. Any one have any insight? Or what I can do other than take apart the valve cover? Thanks in advance!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it making any excessive ticking, that's the valve cover you have to remove, each valve has a follower, tappet or lifter and of course the cam lobe, check for little rocker arm movement when running, with it shut off you should see some play in that rocker arm and cam lobe for wear, each head has duel cams for intake and exhaust.

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As the above post. New Rocker arms and its fixed. Its showing a misfire because the bearing in the rocker arm. Is going out, thus the rocker arm is not doing its job.
Did my 15 a year ago. I replaced all of the rocker arms. Figured if one was going out. The rest were not far behind.

ronr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been chasing a misfire for about 2.5 weeks now. I’ve changed my plugs to NGK iridium, new ignition coil, new fuel injector. I’m not sure where to go from here. I have a 14 ram 1500 with the 3.6. Someone was saying the rockers and lifters for that cylinder. Any one have any insight? Or what I can do other than take apart the valve cover? Thanks in advance!
Walt, what came about from your #2 misfire? Seems like next is a head gasket leak and overheating. Oil pump leak.